Forged Engine Build Pics

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
A concentric slave cylinder/hydraulic release bearing is being used. I forget what brand it is, but I THINK it's quarter master. I've personally used a Howe CSC in the past to good effect.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Aha, thought they looked like braided hydraulic lines going into the stock fork spot!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
anyone of you got a part number? :D

curious to try it on to my lancer... assuming that itll somehow work

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
It'll only work if you've got a push clutch installed (the stock ones are pull). Most of the CSCs available are universal and can be made to work. The one I used in my Supra just need some shims behind it to bring it out to the right position. The shims are made such that they will center the CSC around the input shaft.

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
Thank you for all the information, I know TJ and myself are about to both build forged engines here in Australia and I have read every page and just want to say thank you

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
The photos are great but that's a flood of large images - can you attach them as thumbnails from now on please? Thanks :)

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Thank you for all the information, I know TJ and myself are about to both build forged engines here in Australia and I have read every page and just want to say thank you

No problems dude. That is the purpose of this thread. to get as much info out there about the 6A13 for the use of the forum members

Anyway 2 more pics to add. these are the fittings we used to adapt the factory fuel line to -8AN to feed the new split fuel rail setup.
average quality pics but pretty self explanatory
First its a olive crush fitting which slips over the stock hardline and clamps down on it. that has a -6AN outlet. then its a -6AN to -8AN adaptor to the braided fuel line
-6AN to -8AN? why you may ask? only did this as in the future the entire fuel feed line will be replaced with -8AN the adaptors were just a "in the mean time" soloution

DSC02553.jpg

DSC02552.jpg

Also a rubbish quality cellphone video of the idle sound after we sorted the fuel pressure and Idle mixtures. Silencer is still in the muffler so it sounds kind of strange but you get the idea

Video doesn't do it justice. it sounds savvy in person.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
The photos are great but that's a flood of large images - can you attach them as thumbnails from now on please? Thanks :)
Wont be doing another large pic dump again as the car is up and running so only small updates from now on.
I'm just useless at technology and thumbnails drive me up the wall when reading threads, hence why I put them as full images.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Well I guess people following this thread already know there are tonnes of photos.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Great work Adam!!

Do you have a planned dyno date.

What injectors are you using?

Any update on the cam gears?:whistle:

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Well I guess people following this thread already know there are tonnes of photos.

just decide to have full pics out of personal preference. but if it in some way clogs up the forums Ill do thumbnails next time I do a big Pic dump

Great work Adam!!

Do you have a planned dyno date.

What injectors are you using?

Any update on the cam gears?:whistle:

no dyno date planned as of yet. just got the car up and running tonight so Carl is going to tune it himself for the run in (he tuned it on the previous 315kW-atw setup) then after a the bank recovers from all the install costs (braided lines, oils, fittings, FPR etc etc) it will be booked into NZEFI for a full dyno tune so we can go all out and see what a pair of 13T TD04's max out at ;)

injectors are some random no-name brand carl got for next to nothing, 560cc but they will be replaced with ID1000's hopefully before the final tune.

The alloy for the cam gears showed up on the doorstep of work this morning so will be making at least one center on the mill tomorrow. still need to buy cap screws and washers to fasten the alloy centers to the stock belt carrier ring. but will post here once one set is finished. hopefully I can knock a set out this week and install them onto carls engine this weekend when I re-torque the head studs.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Damn that sounds mean. Would love to hear in person. That's gunna be mental under full song.

Patryn999

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Carl Hodder
Drive
Galant VR4 1998
Eh, didn't have to flare stock hardpipe, only cut it. But your solution with the actual correct thread would be better - I just couldn't find one in time.

The Quartermaster P/N for the bearing was 710045, at a lovely (ouch) $269USD. But clutch feel is real nice, so can't complain. Except for the whole having-to-learn-to-drive-again part.

Top Bottom