Forged Engine Build Pics

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
With your cam gears, are you gutting stock ones and making a new centres? Or making new ones from scratch?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
reuse all the stock sensors. no need to buy new ones if the original ones still work fine.

as for the cost I could actually not put a number on it as I had originally ported the heads and made the cams for my own 6a13 build. but due to me deciding to give the mivec heads a try on my car I sold them to Carl but not all together and not as one lump sum as he helps me with the electrics side of my car and I in turn sort the mechanicals of his. The conrods I obtained as a deal on exchance for some cams from the guy who sorted the prism rod buy in the first place. and alot of the other parts have slowly been collected over the years as I get the time to figure out whats works (evo valve springs, evo head studs, evo main studs etc etc)

A large reason I'm doing all the labour outside of work hours is because no-one has pushed a 6A13TT as far as we plan to push this one so this way I can take my time and do a bunch of R&D as we piece the engine together. seeing what works and what dosen't. and It has given me the opportunity to design parts such as adjustable cam gears, billet cams, the fuel rail mod, Torque plate, scott also designed a oil filter relocation part, and allowed me to get well accustom to porting 6A13 cylinder heads.

All of this has helped give lots of information about how to piece together a bombproof 6A13 long motor and this threads purpose (especially with "forged" and "engine" in the title) is to have all of this information readily available to the VR4 community so others can build some kick ass V6's too. instead of being a bunch of pu**ies and putting the V6 in the too hard bin and putting in a rattly 4 cylinder instead. all of this combined with the TD04 manifolds and other VR4 specific parts @trotty has available (and hopefully the single turbo manifold that I have in the works, Watch this space) makes for some huge power Legnum/Galants coming out pretty soon

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
With your cam gears, are you gutting stock ones and making a new centres? Or making new ones from scratch?
I have posted a image of the cad rendering of the alloy section to make the stock gears adjustable somewhere but cant for the life of me remember what thread it was in.

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
yeah but jesus only modified horses and donkeys... you modify cars

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
But instead of water to wine, its fuel to power. Or if you are from the church of Jeremy Clarkson, POOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWEEEEERRRRRR.

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
Picked up my new motor yesterday, time to tear it down

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I have posted a image of the cad rendering of the alloy section to make the stock gears adjustable somewhere but cant for the life of me remember what thread it was in.
I looked for it last week too! Found it but can't remember where- wasn't where you'd expect which was why it took time to find.
I have the picture you posted if want it?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
yep repost it here please.
I had posted the origional from the work laptop, I dont have it on my personal laptop

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
OILA!

Attachments

• cam gear.png
    cam gear.png
    93 KB · Views: 12
  • cam gear 2.png
    cam gear 2.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 12

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
Wow, its actually considerably different now. I'll try and remember to post some pics of the new design tonight when we destroy some more aluminium and HSS bits.

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
Wow, its actually considerably different now. I'll try and remember to post some pics of the new design tonight when we destroy some more aluminium and HSS bits.
How on earth do you destroy high speed steel bits on aluminium?

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
When they're incredibly low quality, and you don't realise that the roughing passes weren't generated. So it tried to skip straight to a finish pass.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yeah that was the first iteration. but good enough of a image so people get the idea. hopefully have some alloy ones made and finished this week.

Top Bottom