Fuel Consumption Figures - how to empty your 60L tank in style

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
the Apexi manual has a wiring diagram for our cars under EC5W, and it is 100% accurate. You can also download the manual from the apexi website. I think it is about 4 or 5 wires and thats it!

Bradc. Mate your worth your weight in 100 ron fuel. I've just had a look at the wiring diagrams and even I think I could install one.

aaron68nz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Aaron
Drive
2001 Legnum series 3 manual
The stock intake looks remarkably like the local Magnas. Except some bright engineer at MMAL put a rubber strip across the front of the bonnet lip, making the CAI effectively suck against a piece of rubber (in addition tothe rubber strip that goes up and over the CAI). Do the VR4's have this as well, or do they just have the single rubber strip going over the CAI so it can still get to the atmosphere?

I've taken that rubber strip off the bonnet lip of my car and also the rubber strip across the top of the engine bay at the windscreen end. Just need to be careful when washing your car with a high pressure water jet!

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
I have a HKS pod on my car, and I am hoping to get hold of the standard airbox.

Anyone wanna swap in a few months ?

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
My first tank got me around 11.4 l/100 kms, which i was surprised about, considering all the hard launches and joy rides i have been providing

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
That's bloody good. I'm still averaging around 13L/100 and that's with granny driving.

G

Unregistered
Last tank i got about 11.6, and that was all town driving, I am finding you have to get used the gauge on mine anyway, It sits at certain points then drops kind of quickly to the next, it will sit just under a quarter full about 50km :?

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
My first tank got me around 11.4 l/100 kms, which i was surprised about, considering all the hard launches and joy rides i have been providing

Fuel consumption was great, the state of the clutch on the other hand :D

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Fuel consumption was great, the state of the clutch on the other hand :D

LOL fair game, im much better at it now!!!

Its very touchy and has a very small friction point, which can get a bit frustrating and requires some concentration in stop/start traffic

and ill agree jmo, the fuel gauge tends to stick a bit then drops quickly, then sticks a bit etc

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
I am getting about 19.5l/100km.

I just cant drive like a granny. Its too tempting to leave the rest of the cars behind.... :D

I'm thinking of putting a bigger stopper behind the accelerator pedal...
:p

Actually I am getting better consumption each time I fill up. Perhaps everything is starting to losen up.

Oh how do you accelerate under boost. I get a huge turbo hiss noise when I am feathering the throttle.... ????

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
I'm ranging between 10.5 - 11.5 ltr/100kms.
Pretty happy with that really. Besides the fact that I've gotta run 98ron, it's only a single litre worse than the X-Trail.

np - mostly highway driving for me. :)

G

Unregistered
Urrrrr I have no idea wats going on here, but my car hasn't even made it over 300kms for a near full tank. I tryed Bp ultimate 98 for the first 2 tanks and caltex 98 for the next 2. I'm filling about 45-50 litres a tank.
I have been driving very carefully and hardely booting it at all ...

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
Urrrrr I have no idea wats going on here, but my car hasn't even made it over 300kms for a near full tank. I tryed Bp ultimate 98 for the first 2 tanks and caltex 98 for the next 2. I'm filling about 45-50 litres a tank.
I have been driving very carefully and hardely booting it at all ...

Yeah well, it seems a few of us are getting those problems...

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
does anyone here use shell V-Power? thats what ill be using, just wondering if anyone uses it in their VR4's.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
does anyone here use shell V-Power? thats what ill be using, just wondering if anyone uses it in their VR4's.

We've been using Shell V-power (can't get get V-Power Racing close enough) for the last several tanks.

Just recently had a faulty Oxygen sensor replaced and had a carbon clean done at the same time. Can't tell if it has made any real different on the fuel usage as both Mel and I have been booting it, but the car "feels" smoother on acceleration. It's just about out of fuel so it will need a refill soon. Should be able to tell if the carbon clean and the O2 sensor have made a real difference at the end of the next tank.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
a little off topic, but my latest purchase returns 27kms per litre (or about 640kms from the 24L tank!

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
And that would be??

1988 Suzuki Alto Works RSX - FWD 546cc 600kg 47kw Kei Beast!

Similar to the one below, but mine isnt 4WD (the fwd version is faster though!). Ill post a thread with photos of mine tomorrow.

44f1_1%5B1%5D.jpg

456f_1%5B1%5D.jpg

Top Bottom