Getting boost cut even on low boost settings?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Easiest way to find it IMO was to follow the red tipped hose where you installed your MBC back, to the T junction, then follow the hose that heads towards the rear of the car and the nipple its connected to is the boost solenoid :)

Its easier to trace if you pull the intake hose off the plenum and move it out of the way

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Hmm cheers, I might just remove it and see how it goes without it.

It doesn't matter that the plug will no longer be connected to anything I imagine?

From the look of it you could just put a connector where the solenoid is to bridge it out?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Leave the solenoid there - just bypass the hose connections. The connection/plug to the ECU should remain so the ECU maintains the right resistance on the circuit. All it will do is move the solenoid in/out, but it just wont be bleeding anything off.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Fair enough. I'm really going to have to make time to change the frayed belts and fluids in my car.. all I have done so far is upped the boost.. lol!

Take that engine.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
So am I right all along tthen that our cars has a factory EBC.

DIMI!!!!!!! AHAHAHA

G

Unregistered
Leave the solenoid there - just bypass the hose connections. The connection/plug to the ECU should remain so the ECU maintains the right resistance on the circuit. All it will do is move the solenoid in/out, but it just wont be bleeding anything off.

my solenoid is in the bin. doesn't affect the ecu at all. :)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Put in a turbosmart manual boost controller today, spiked hard and insane..

Called up Dawso, told me to turn it around.. we did the same thing dimi did LOL.. man what problems that caused us hahaha..

now it's running sweet :) .. and looks backwards haha

Top Bottom