GPS Launcher

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
1997 Galant VR4 and a very old cordia turbo
For those with the cheap chinese double din dvd/gps/radio etc it is possible to write scripts to change the menu system. In fact you can dig right down to the win ce o/s and change lots of things - but that gets complicated.

If you just want to put a nice background on the device and have a few buttons to launch your different GPS programs this can be done via a simple script that sits on the gps sd card. (I got the info I needed from the austech forum)

On mine when I launch the gps program, instead of the gps program launching I get the screen and sub menu below. The main reason for this was that I use both tomtom and Igo8. The compuer looking icon launches another submenu with utilities and a game. Via this method you can put on new media players, office programs etc as well.

Now I copied a photo off the members photo section for the background. If the owner is upset I am happy to change it. It was just a good shot for a background for my initial attempt.

If anybody is interested I can put my scripts online and give a tutorial. It is pretty easy stuff.

Here are some photos of the device in GPS mode now

P1020825Medium.jpg

P1020826Medium.jpg

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
1997 Galant VR4 and a very old cordia turbo
AVH 9201N is the only designation on it. It is just a cheap ebay bought chinese double din dvd/gps/media player/sd/usb system.

They are all fairly similar. The actual unit is not important. The resolution changes bewteen units, and the naming system for the storage card. That requires some minor editing of the scripts for the actual name of the storage card, and if the res is different you need to resize the bitmaps. All can be done by anyone that can use a simple paint program and notepad.

Mine runs on Win CE 5.0. Res is 480 * 234

The top menu screen looks like this

P1020799Medium.jpg

when you press navi the gps menu is this

P1020800Medium.jpg

Top Bottom