I'm going overseas... to get parts..... 100,000km parts

Mac Dog

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Macca
Drive
Red 1997 Legnum
Hey all.

I was over in the Philippines last week for some family matters and I just so happened to see a red preface lift Galant. I was quite delighted. This got me thinking and while I was thinking I seen a calendar on the wall in my Uncle's house that was called Gemini Auto Parts (something like that) and they are a distributor of genuine Mitsubishi parts.

I'm going back to the Philippines in 2 weeks and thought... why don't I try and buy all the 100,000km service parts over there, it could be cheaper?

Questions:
1. They have left hand drive vehicles over there, are there any service parts that are different to right handed drive vehicles?

2. Will part numbers be different over there?

3. Someone had a spread sheet with part numbers with different brand alternatives and prices... anyone got a copy of that so I can compare prices when i'm over there?

4. If all is good, any things I should take into consideration etc?

Cheers all.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Hmm, most of them over there are 4g63 or 6a13 sohc n/a. I'd give him part numbers and check he can get that specific part number

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Macca, I suggest you hit up members at www.mymitsuph.com there's a section there under General Automotive.. look for "The 8G Shark Thread" some of them are die-hard enthusiasts where they have converted their typical GDi to full VR4 (no AYC though)

also alot of surplus shop have parts that are almost new straight from Japan.. just ask your relatives to take you to the Surplus shops in QC..

this coming november, I have quite a list of things to look for and hopefully shops & places would have them in stock or be able to have it in 2 weeks :)

enjoy...

Just to answer your questions..

1. yes, they only have left hand drive cars.. but most parts from surplus are from Japan therefore they "might" have some parts for RHD, and since they usually are useless to them.. they might just give it to you or for a very low price..

2. Part numbers should be the same -except for the LHD accessory parts..

3. It's somewhere here - something to look out for - look out for cheapy brands and ones made from Japan -

4. Scrutinize the seller (not in a rude way), check and double check what you're buying - even after handing over the $$$ - don't leave the shop without checking your stuff and wallet.. LOL - usually I'd take a relative with me as a look out..

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Also keep in mind customs may want to charge you duty on the parts if they are over $1000 - make sure you have receipts for it all to prove its all worth under 1k

Top Bottom