List of Problems... Please add to it

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
its clicking twice every second. does that sound about right?

chocco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Christian
Drive
1999 FL Galant VR4 with MMCS
I have a clicking sound coming from in the middle of the dash somewhere, think its something to do with the air vents but even when the fan isn't running and AC and heater is off it still clicks. Any idea what that could be?

Do you have a EBC solenoid on the firewall?

Electronic Boost Controler solenoids or any of the same thing will click on max boost or wateva you have it set to.

Found this out the hard way when I took a gromment out from mine and then click click click x 87016230796-79235-789=`6-138065-32-7tr-7fy8h914320716-932456-

mfbamba

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Misagh
Drive
1997 Legnum
If you can stop the clicking by fiddling with the climate control read the link Alvin posted on the last page and look at the pic he posted. My cousin is an Auto electrician and fixed in 20-30 mins.

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
As I was about to pull out that little box I put the car onto the setting before engine start, it's started clicking so I followed the noise and it wasn't the box, it's coming from directly behind the stereo in a big white box or duct or something. It's just to the right of the cooling unit

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
Or it might be the cooling unit, it's slightly to the right of the cooling unit I think but hard to tell

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
AYC pump and accumulator stuffed when i bought it.... taking to long to pressurize, then brings up AYC light, fixed it by pulling the fuse....lol will get round to getting a reco when funding permits. :(

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
So no one has any idea what that black box is for thats making the clicking noise? Get the car back from the mechanic today so will start pulling it apart again to try and get that bloody box out and get a replacement.

NOXQSZ

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Pauly
Drive
Hopes n dreams
Hi guys, new owner. Found I have a intermittent problem with the drivers window. It tends to (usually when raining but sometimes when dry) not close completely. IE, goes up from full open, stops after 8 or so inches and then comes back down 4 or so. Anyone had the same problem? I was initially think loose window rail but it's in fairly tight and there is no extra movement. May be a wiring issue, just want to see if anyone has had any experience with the same issue! Thanks.

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
I have a similar issue to yours. Sometimes my passenger window won't close - it'll wind up all the way to the top, then wind back down around 4 inches. Depends on the car's mood. Some days the passenger window will work fine, other times it won't work no matter how much you wind it back up to the top.

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
My passager windows the same.. probably half the time though...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
does it fully close when you manually press the button (not use the auto close/open)

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
Mine does it either way.. on the drivers side switch or passenger one.

BFun

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
'99 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
Mine does it either way.. on the drivers side switch or passenger one.

Mine too. It worked once by using the passenger side switch and not the drivers side - and then last night it only worked when i used the passenger one bit by bit until it closed.

I was thinking that something was triggering the safety mechanism or something at the top of the window, but I couldn't find anything obstructing it.

NOXQSZ

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Pauly
Drive
Hopes n dreams
Whether you use auto mode or raise it manually, it does it.

I find that if I use auto mode to raise it a few inches then use the manual mode to raise it again. It will hold it at that raised level and allow me to do that cycle over again till closed.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Killed a wheel bearing the other day, coilovers, low offset wheels and bad roads more to blame than the car though.

Blackbird

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2001 ADM Evo 6.5 Makinen Edition,
2001 Legnum VR-4 Type S Written off,
2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S Manual with 23,489km!!
Well I had a weird problem.
I imported the car through Iron Chef (Awesome Experience :)) 4 weeks ago.
It had a clunk in the left hand side of the power steering rack. ( I thought maybe a worn tie rod )
After puling the boot away found the left hand inner tie rod was loose by approx 3 threads from the steering rack! Yes, the tie rod was undoing itself from the rack!

There was no thread lock and the lock washer wasn't engaged (They are bent inward onto the tie rod's "flats" (the bit you put a spanner or crowsfoot spanner to tighten or loosen the tie rod)
after inspecting the rod, I cleaned and reinstalled the tie rod with thread lock and engaged the lock washer.. after a wheel alignment the car is silent going over bumps.
Happy days..
Hate to think what would have happened if the tie rod had separated from the rack itself... :eek:

Steve

Top Bottom