Mitsubishi CAPS Database Download

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Do you have the font Courier New installed? If not this will cause you problems ;)

Try changing Font Size to 16 and see if that helps - I have it set to 20 to display properly at the resolution my monitor is at (1680x1050).

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Do you have the font Courier New installed? If not this will cause you problems ;)

Try changing Font Size to 16 and see if that helps - I have it set to 20 to display properly at the resolution my monitor is at (1680x1050).

Courier New comes standard with Windows, but you knew that :p

Size 16 - haha, that fixed it - thanks!

I actually tried font sizes LOWER than 12, thinking it was a "small fonts" issue. Didn't even occur to me to go bigger. :/

G

Unregistered
got it in the mail tonight, thanks trev - however it wont install...do i need a program that reads .RAR files? im a n00b at some computer stuff.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
How To: Basic Intro to CAPS

LOL dude, where it says 'Chassis Number' type 'EC5W' or 'EC5A' into the first field, then hit <TAB> and type the rest, MINUS the first zero. So if your VIN is 'EC5W0123456' you'd type 'EC5W' in the first field and '123456' in the second and then hit <TAB> again.

Using your mouse, move the cursor into the 'Part Name' field. Type the first three letters of the part you wish to look up, for example if you want to look for 'rocker cover gaskets' you can type 'GAS' for gasket or 'ROC' for rocker cover. When you see the 'Part Name Code Selection' screen, scroll down to find the part you're looking for. Once found, just click on it once with your mouse - you should see the 'Quantity' (or Qty) jump to '1'. Once you've selected the item you want, click 'OK'.

Back in the 'Part Name Code Input' section you'll be able to see the part number for the part(s) you selected. If it says **NO DATA** that means that part wasn't available for your car, or otherwise isn't a valid selection (it says this for some special item groups too).

Now a very cool (and extremely useful) feature is the diagram view. Move the cursor to one of the items you've already selected and hit the 'F2' key. Wallah! Exploded diagram view! Now if there's a part you want a description for, you can select it by clicking on the CAPS number in the diagram. You can do this for as many items as you like, and if you click 'OK' they will show up in 'Part Name Code Input' section and you'll see part numbers for all of them. If however you don't want to keep them, just click the 'Cancel' button.

There's one final trick that's useful for finding parts you need that you're not sure of the name CAPS wants, but you know where they go on the car. Move your cursor into the 'Illustration' field in 'Part Name Code Retrieval'. Then click on the field with the mouse. You'll see a category view of all the parts available within CAPS for your car. Clicking once on any of these categories will allow you to drill down to sub-categories, until you get to the individual parts level. It's a great way to learn about what goes where in the car :)

There are a few other features to CAPS which I'm sure you'll discover with a bit of exploration, but that's the basics that should get you up and running.

G

Unregistered
it only lets me put 5 digits in the 2nd chassis code field :(

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Try playing around with font size... If that doesn't help, send me a screen shot (PM me for my email addy) and I'll try to replicate it at my end.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
tried from 10 to 20 and different fonts, no difference. Taking a screen shot is pointless, you just type in the first 5 digits which fill up the box, and then you can't type in anymore, the speakers just beep at you.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
so how do i use it to find out what 'extras' my car has? like factory options...?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Weird, mine handles up to 7 digits in the second part of the chassis number.

I'm running XP.

cheers

Lee

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
wont work on vista as its a 16 bit application, and vista drops compatibility for anything below 32bit. (lame)

a work around is to get vmware... or virtual pc or something similar, make a virtual hdd, and install xp on your "virtual computer" :p worked for me..

You could also install xp as a second boot option..

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Josh can't you run it in compatibility mode?? I'm pretty sure Gav said it runs on Vista ok for him...

Yea yea I know I should have tested this in Vista already but goddamnit I HATE VISTA!! >.<

G

Unregistered
lol, i hate vista!! its all Bloat,

win xp pro SP3 does everything i need,
oh and caps works perfectly fine on my ciomputer :p

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Can I just get a show of virtual hands to work out if any of you are using a version OTHER than the one we've got hosted here?? Brad, is yours old or have you downloaded this one since I put it up?

G

Unregistered
Hi have the one hosted here at home and works fine but on my work PC it has the same problem with not being able to enter the full number

Top Bottom