dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
Will double check for vac leaks
So I think I cleaned the Stepper solenoid, that's the one under the throttle elbow?

The TPS is the one on the front of the TB?
I'll give that a clean and a fiddle tomorrow and see how I go.

Mines always idled around the 1100-1300 ish range, was even tuned at that from memory

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Yes and yes. Don't mess with it unless you can read the TPS value in evoscan/equivalent.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
So mark where the TPS was, clean it with some contact cleaner and put it back exactly where it was?

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
I wouldn't. Don't see a need. The internals aren't exactly exposed to the elements and the pins are covered under a plug.
Unless you've had a seriously dirty engine bay and somehow managed to get oil/filth in there, I'd leave it well alone and check the value in evoscan.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Ive got uneven front camber (one is at neg 1 degree the other is neg 2 degree). What are my options here now that the camber kits are all gone.

What could be causing the difference? Is it possible something is damaged?

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
Are you sure there is a difference? I was told that about my rear once and it turned out to be the alignment machine that was broken. I asked them to swap the wheel attachments from side to side and the problem became obvious.

GLen20

Barring Up
Premium Member
First Name
Glenn
Drive
2002 Type S Galant, Ducati Streetfighter 848, 1971 2 Door LC Torana (in pieces)
Just a quick question, I've got to get tyres this week before going interstate and tried searching but there's pages and pages on this....

FL Type S Galant
17 x 8 +42

Will 235/45/17 tyres fit without scrubbing or modding the flares?
Reason is, its currently got 225/45's and 235's are fatter and $40 a corner cheaper so I'm wondering why previous owner chose 225's?
Thanks heaps!!

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Are you sure there is a difference? I was told that about my rear once and it turned out to be the alignment machine that was broken. I asked them to swap the wheel attachments from side to side and the problem became obvious.

Yeah fairly certain. I've had two alignments in the last 6 months from two different places (I'm not weird, both were after changing wheels) and they both came up with the same results. There's also a difference visually, one side sits flush while the other tucks under the guard a little.

Just a quick question, I've got to get tyres this week before going interstate and tried searching but there's pages and pages on this....

FL Type S Galant
17 x 8 +42

Will 235/45/17 tyres fit without scrubbing or modding the flares?
Reason is, its currently got 225/45's and 235's are fatter and $40 a corner cheaper so I'm wondering why previous owner chose 225's?
Thanks heaps!!

You won't have any problems with your guards. I run 235s on wheels with 17x9 +32 offset and they clear the guards fine (after having the rears rolled anyway). Before that I had the same tyres on 17x8 +38 and they were fine too. With your offset the only issue I could see would be maybe the tyres hitting the suspension on the inside, but someone with more know how on this will chime in soon.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Ride height the same on both sides?

I've got coilovers, but they should be the same. I measured the thread and hub to guard. Wouldn't it take a big variance in ride height (that you'd be able to tell just by looking at it) to take another whole degree of camber?

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
I've got coilovers, but they should be the same. I measured the thread and hub to guard. Wouldn't it take a big variance in ride height (that you'd be able to tell just by looking at it) to take another whole degree of camber?

Measured the thread and hub to guard sounds like it was done without the car on the ground - the weights on both sides won't be the same will they? This would make one side sit lower than the other when the car is on the ground. I would have thought that a fair height variance would be needed to make a 1 degree camber difference too, but it is easy to rule out so a good place to start.

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
Threads were done off the ground, hub to guard was done on the ground. But I'll check again. Thanks mate.

Z-Kev

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Kev
Drive
legnum
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/partdetails/Ingalls/Suspension/Camber_Kits/Front/5986

Yeah fairly certain. I've had two alignments in the last 6 months from two different places (I'm not weird, both were after changing wheels) and they both came up with the same results. There's also a difference visually, one side sits flush while the other tucks under the guard a little.

You won't have any problems with your guards. I run 235s on wheels with 17x9 +32 offset and they clear the guards fine (after having the rears rolled anyway). Before that I had the same tyres on 17x8 +38 and they were fine too. With your offset the only issue I could see would be maybe the tyres hitting the suspension on the inside, but someone with more know how on this will chime in soon.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
While a camber kit would fix the camber, I'd want to know why it's off first....

tails

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Taylor
Drive
'00 Galant
While a camber kit would fix the camber, I'd want to know why it's off first....

That's what I'm worried about. It's been serviced many times since I purchased it and nothing has been found. Maybe I'll specifically mention it next time it's at the shop.

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
I have the same issue with mine on std suspension, the rr has waaaay more camber than the lr, going to look more closely when I do the rear suspension.

Schneider

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
PFL Legnum Vr4
I experienced that camber issue with my car once. Turned out mine had a bent hub carrier. Someone either hit a curb hard/pot hole or past accident damage... Swapped for a known healthy one and the car is simply peachy

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Whats the deal with engine mount replacements? Are they each the same part or are they all different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom