Oils, Greases And Fluids For Your VR4

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Anyone able to help me out with the service interval for these oils? I can add them to the first page if someone can give me a definitive answer.

engine oil should be changed every 5000km's or 10,000km's if the engine hasn't done much km's (say less than 100k's)

g/box, transfer case, rear diff and ayc and power steering should be changed at every 50,000km's

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I would say Chris, that if you use good quality oil (Synthetic) and not flog or track the car, I reckon 10,000k should be fine between service intervals.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I heard its about 25,000km for AYC bleed? What about auto trans and brakes/clutch?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
I would say Chris, that if you use good quality oil (Synthetic) and not flog or track the car, I reckon 10,000k should be fine between service intervals.

I get yah... but since our cars are turbocharged, tell me 1 member here that doesn't flog their car.. :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I'd go out to 7500km maybe, but not 10,000km.

Macca, depending on how you drive the clutch packs should be done every 5000 to 15000km. Auto is about 25000 to 40000km. Clutch fluid isn't something you have to worry about that often. Brake fluid should be changed about once every year to two years.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I drove a Super VR-4 yesterday through gravel roads, swerving slips, boulders and mud all over the road. Having three AYC bars up plus ASC while you're on about 10 throttle seems strange. It was FILTHY afterwards hehe.

So no, I don't thrash cars either :D

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
What bout coolants? Not the techtaloy crap the genuine mitsi stuff....is there a particular to choose or just the generic mitsi concentrated stuff you mix up and dilute yourself?

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
What bout coolants? Not the techtaloy crap the genuine mitsi stuff....is there a particular to choose or just the generic mitsi concentrated stuff you mix up and dilute yourself?

I always thought the half range Techalloy stuff was decent shit, I wouldnt mind finding out myself what a good coolant is...

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Anything that comes ready to use, usually is shit.

I have always used the Nulon concentrate. Has been perfect fir me for years now.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I use Tectaloy cause It was the most expensive stuff repco had lol, I wanted the best but the girl there didn't know shit. It is doing its job just fine though.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
I've been using the tectaloy concentrated green stuff.. Not the other color, and it's been good.. It's what my dad recommends too, he doesn't like the premixed stuff

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Why is anything that comes premixed usually shit, I dont understand, i bought concentrated mitsubishi coolant atleast 18 months ago and have had no problems but now they only sell the stuff premixed!! Whats the difference between me mixing the stuff up and manufacturer doing it? Besides the price of $47 for 5 litres!

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
It's a bit different with genuine mitsi stuff. I will endeavour to find where I have read the reasons why the cheap, premixed stuff is bad.

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Yeah are ppl here saying that anything premix is no good or only aftermarket stuff??? Ida thought anything genuine should be the preferred as with most genuine oils etc

Top Bottom