Oils, Greases And Fluids For Your VR4

G

Unregistered
Yeah rubber. I'm thinking now about using Permatex silicone formula caliper grease as I have heaps of that and it's safe on rubber.

Vr4Tontsa

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Toni Vr4-Legnum
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum Vr4
hey boys and girls.. i have guestion for all of u. i was thinking to take AYC out from my legnum. because it might be broken somehow, the red ligtht pops up every 15 mins ive been driving, so is it possible to take avay the whole ayc thing.. and sorry for bad english :)

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
Hey tony. If it come on after 15min. Its cause your brakes are staying on. Or seems to be. If you installed led bulbs for brakes take them out and it will fix the problem. If not look for the stop switch under the the brake lever .

Vr4Tontsa

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Toni Vr4-Legnum
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum Vr4
ok thx.. need to do that then :) and sorry i knew it was wrong place but had to do it.. not gona happen anymore :)

fuji_heavy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Janne
Drive
Legnum
Got a question about engine oil for my Legnum vr4. When i had it serviced they put Magnatec professional 10W -30. Now a few months later, when i went to buy some for a top up from supacheep/Autobarn, they only sell 10W-40 in the magnatec range. The only 10W-30 in Castrol was the GTX.
I found Magnatec professional 10W-30 online but cant find a retailer.
Can i just use the 10W-40? Car has 110 00km

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
you should be using something better then castrol magnatec anyway, castrol edge would be a more suitable oil for your car

fuji_heavy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Janne
Drive
Legnum
Yeh that's what the guys at Carmen put in at the service. I thought Edge would be better suited too, anyone else running Magnatec ?

wil

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wil
Drive
99 Leggy
Im planning to try edge professional, its top of the range. Its only sold to mechs and you cant buy it from retail.

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
I used to run magnatec found that the car liked it wasnt ticking after steve tunned it. Has only started since i changed the oil to some fully syntetic stuff , I think I will be going bck to magnatec, a lot better cold start up 2.
Yeh that's what the guys at Carmen put in at the service. I thought Edge would be better suited too, anyone else running Magnatec ?

fuji_heavy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Janne
Drive
Legnum
Yeh well that's sposed to be its big selling point, start up protection. I always ran Edge in my S13, its nearly twice the price tho

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Justed checked supercheap's site, Edge is $15 more, still comparatively cheap in the grand scheme of oils. Isn't exactly in boutique (Mobil1/HKS/Amsoil) territory ie ~$100/$100+

fuji_heavy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Janne
Drive
Legnum
Not from what i could find. Magnatec was 40 bucks, the edge is around 75-80. Anyways as said above yeh its not that much to pay every 5000km. I'll stick to the magnatec for now, see how we go. cheers for the advice guys

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Just because you dont get ticking doesnt mean its any good, a $5 bottle anti lifter tick from KMart hides the ticking also but I definitely wouldnt put that in my motor either.

Top Bottom