Part numbers to be added to Parts Guide

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Are you looking for Autobarn to bring in water pumps etc?

Kev, waterpump are the same as the FTO models.. which has the 6A12 Mivec motor..

also it might be the same as HJ Galant (make sure its the V6-24) I think my dad got it for about $100 when he did major service on my car few years back..

I'll actually be going to both Repco & Super Cheap Auto on Saturday. There's no Autobarn near me..

So just repeat for me, coz I am a dummy with this stuff, what exactly did you want me to do ??

King_Panther, only if you dont mind.. take those new oil seals (main oil seals and cam seals) to any reputable auto parts shop and get the salesman to cross reference or match it up against other models.. and once you find an exact match (external and internal diameter) get the part number so I/we can match it up anywhere we are.. It would be a big help to everyone here and future owners....

O2 sensor is MD189008 and Mitisubishi say $393 (ouch)

I will cross ref this at Coventry and try to get cheaper price.. will let you guys know..

G

Unregistered
Transmission control unit sir for tiptronic models. The one below the actual ecu

the TCU for my PFL is MR367177....

would be interesting to know what the difference is.. perhaps my TCU is for TCL/ASC, whereas the one you have is not?

also, the ECU for my auto PFL is MD340289 too, i thought the PFL had a different ECU to give them 260hp instead of 280?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
officially they do, although maybe towards the end of production they changed them to 280hp ecu's?

G

Unregistered
perhaps... given mine is a super, it was the very last of the PFL's, but it was marketed at 260HP....

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Sir Silicon

I got them from the half cut I imported from Japan. From a white Legnum Type-S the one with the factory fender flares and carbon dash kit. Actually I imported 2 half cuts the other one is from a pre-facelift auto galant which has a different ecu and tcu number.

The first one I brought to Manila was a manual pre-facelift with a part number MD340289
Julian did you get these part numbers from CAPS, or from stickers on the casing of the ECU?

is the VR-4 type V you saw in Google a facelift version?
No way to tell, as the only thing I was able to see was the listing - none of the detail was available.

From the sounds of it we need to start cataloguing ECU part numbers...

Julian can you do me a favour and let me know the part numbers for each of the ECU / TCU's you have and their respective VIN numbers? Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer not to post on the public forum :)

Kev, waterpump are the same as the FTO models.. which has the 6A12 Mivec motor..

also it might be the same as HJ Galant (make sure its the V6-24) I think my dad got it for about $100 when he did major service on my car few years back..
Chris do you have any aftermarket part numbers or anything for this? Given the ridiculous price of the genuine article, an available aftermarket one would be fantastic!

G

Unregistered
officially they do, although maybe towards the end of production they changed them to 280hp ecu's?

i've checked the VIN's for mine, and 2 other supers, and all show the FL ECU in them...

perhaps they did have 280HP, and thats where mitsi did the test to see if the transmission could handle it, thus why the FL auto's had 280HP....

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Note:

Type V's are only series two/face lifts.

There is no "S" or "V" in the series one/pre-face lift.

G

Unregistered
Here are the ecu/tcu that I currently have:

Facelift auto: MD362895/MR470718
Pre Facelift auto:MD340289/MR367177
Pre Facelift manual: MD340289

Facelift automatic ECU and TCU box is made of plastic (black) on the other hand pre facelift box is made of steel

Will post their actual VIN numbers when I get home. Im in the office right now

Anyways, can someone help me with the part numbers of our fender flares?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Note:

Type V's are only series two/face lifts.

There is no "S" or "V" in the series one/pre-face lift.
Actually, not quite so Steve ;) Series one DID have a Type S, but no Type V. There's some stuff on ClubVR4 about it, and I believe it was mentioned on here a few months back. I'd find it, but I'm at work and shouldn't even be writing this :p

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
prefacelift type s = auto with ayc, asc and tcl, 260hp
prefaclift no suffix = manual with ayc and 280hp

facelift type v = mostly auto without ayc, no wheel arches, no boot spoiler, no hi vis dash (after may 2000 they had hi vis dash), 16x6" prefacelift wheels and 205/55/16 tyres

facelift type s = auto or manual with ayc, wheel arches, boot spoiler, hi vis dash, 16x6.5" wheels and 225/50/16 tyres

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
OK everyone I've tried my best (I'm not too good with the tech stuff) ;

Went down to Repco & here we go..

The camshaft oil seal he managed to match up with a Kelpro 97952 seal which is $15.99

The water pump he matched up with a WP4012 pump which is $189.00

Sorry I lost the name of the pump.

To go with the parts I added, here are prices (from EBay) ;

Camshaft Oil Seal - $43.79 (for 4)
Crankshaft Oil Seal - $10.78
Water Pump - $65.80 (OEM product by GMB)
Timing Belt - $175.82 (includes idler & tensioner bearing)
Timing Belt Tensioner - $121.03
Cylinder Head Gaskets - $121.03 (for 4)

I hope that helps ?

Fred

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Fred
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 & 1999 Legnum VR-4 w. Recaros
not to sound like a noob, but what ones have the " high-vis dash" does mine, it lights up when ign turned on...??? seems high vis to me....

Attachments

• Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 72

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
Heyas

here are the part numbers for the Hub Assemblies.

They are for all EC5A and EC5W vehicles.....

front_hub.jpg

rear_hub.jpg

I know they are correct, as I have just replaced all mine and these are from the boxes..... :)

Oh here is the front carrier,

the Hub Bearing Number for people going down that path (Rear already on list) is Koyo DACF1092A

front_carrier.jpg

bearing_fr.jpg

Oh and hirollbearings stock these.... www.hirollbearings.com.au

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
Would the part numbers be different for pre facelift cars?

They are the same from what Camskill told me.

There are two types for 8th gen Galants/Legnums, either 4 stud or 5 stud

v6 VR-4 has the same 5 stud carrier across the range...

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m22b0s1401p0

Also

Unique found that the MR334386 is shared with the UG Nimbus. Its the right part for his, and he owns a Pre-Facelift...

So its all good..

G

Unregistered
They are the same from what Camskill told me.

There are two types for 8th gen Galants/Legnums, either 4 stud or 5 stud

yup=) 4x114 and 5x114

In the Philippines we got the 4 stud JDM, UKDM, and USDM got the 5 stud version however I believe there are certain versions in US where 8Gs have rear drum brakes.

Top Bottom