For Sale QLD Projector Retrofit - With Options

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Im keen on a pair of round projectors.

Whats the reliability of the angel eyes like? Id be willing to pay a bit more if one was more reliable than the other. Also with the "single projector" I assume you'd also do the high beam as HID, just with no projector lens?

Angel Eyes are unfortunately hit n miss..

CCFL - some have lasted for more than 3 years (mine) some have lasted for only 6 months (those other members, haven't told me if they have stopped working.

COB LED - TRS seems to do the better resistor unit than the cheap chinese ones.. so if you want to opt for this, we can go this way but you'll have to fork out more $$ for it..

Has anyone had experience with 55w HIDs in the factory high beam, no fading or melting?
I recommend the 55w HID's as it gets too hot.. why not halogens for the high beam? I can also get 6000k bulb color

Keen to get these moving ASAP, would be awesome to have them by the end of sept nsw meet, hoping for 55w high beam HIDs, 35w low beam HIDs, with round projectors, angel eyes, and the gattling gun shroud.
if you place your order now, you're next in line as I have to finish Nash set, which I want to finish by this week.

Will install one side first and get a comparison shot of the beams, so you can add to the first post.

thanks, the more pics the better :)

Postage costs to Sydney have been historically?
usually around $40 including insurance - this is via e-go

Sorry for all the questions, but I read the whole thread and couldn't see them answered earlier, will delete post if requested.
no need for apology, its better to ask than not ask..

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Hey Christian, I might be in the market for some new headlights soon, what's the turn around on a set of these?

Is there anything you can do if I don't have a set of headlights to give you?

What's the latest with the square projectors? I noticed TRS have their square projectors out now with a few good looking shrouds.

If I did order a set, is it possible to get the black part in the headlight painted W75 Galaxy white with the projector shrouds and reflectors painted black and of course I'd like the amber lense taken out :p, I think I'd only be going for a single set of projectors at this stage.

Thanks for the info Christian.

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
2010 50cc Scooter - Daily
So I saw Scott's quads at a meet last night and they got me extra keen for some Christan lighting goodness.

Was hoping for something like the picture below - with pretty much everything blacked out except for the angel eyes, projectors and indicators (clear indicator lens) - is that still possible to do, and will it affect the price? I was also hoping to keep normal halogens for the high beam - I assume they can work with projector lenses as well, and in a colour temperature matched bulb. What temp would you suggest for the HID bulbs? I'm leaning towards a whiter light rather than blueish light - for practicality and not drawing attention, but I'm open to suggestions :)

If I only get HiDs on low beams I'd be able to keep my existing ballasts?

vr4 headlights.jpg

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
you cant use normal halogens for the mini hi1 projectors as the bulbs doesn't fit, and also not sure if the heat will cause the chrome to burn off / disintegrate.. I know someone has done this in the past, but not sure if what had happened after.

what you see in the picture are quad projectors with 4 angel eyes from TRS, unfortunately they do not supply them type of halos any longer.. they have a thinner type of COB LED halo rings and that can match with the graphite shrouds that I use.

since you already have a projector installed in your headlight, perhaps all you need are the following

2x mini h1 projectors (for high beam)
4x graphite shrouds (for all 4 projectors)
4x angel eyes / halo rings (TRS or CCFL, its up to you)
2x hid ballasts
4x hid 35w bulbs with 5000k color (this is what I use if you want that subtle / stock look)

also if you prefer the bright TRS angel eyes / Halo Rings.. this is an extra as I don't stock this and will have to be ordered from TRS

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
2010 50cc Scooter - Daily
Ah awesome, it was more the blacked out look I was trying to show in the picture.

That list sounds exactly like what I'm after! Any chance you can price it up for me? I'm happy to drop my headlights over to you for a few days etc rather than doing the normal swap.

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
99 Galant vr4 type s (auto),10 Grand Cherokee Overland(auto),91 Rodeo (350 chev th350auto).
Hey Christian do you still do these mate?

Jakevr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jake
Drive
99 Galant vr4 type s (auto),10 Grand Cherokee Overland(auto),91 Rodeo (350 chev th350auto).
Quad square's no halo, 35w ballast for low 55w ballast for high. My headlights are already out and we live fairly close, so I can drop them off.

Can take as long as you like as I have 3 cars haha

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Quad square's no halo, 35w ballast for low 55w ballast for high. My headlights are already out and we live fairly close, so I can drop them off.

Can take as long as you like as I have 3 cars haha

sounds good.. pm me your contact details

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Subscribing with interest about quad squares.

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
hi naughtika. What's the turnaround and price on one's like stevep's? Delivered to 5169?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
hi naughtika. What's the turnaround and price on one's like stevep's? Delivered to 5169?

I've got most of the parts here now, just not sure if I have spare set of headlights.. will check tomorrow

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
No problem mate. Let me know cost etc. And it's changeover isn't it? You send them and I send mine back?

phlanker

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Wes
Drive
98 Galant
Hey Christian. I'm keen on a set whenever you can get them done. Pm me some details and I'll give you a call.

Keen on the quad projector, quad halo, with 55w kit.

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
Legnum 102 edited.jpg

for your files :), want to do a 55w HID with no projector in the high beam now.

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
want to do a 55w HID with no projector in the high beam now.

Did you think about LED or SMD instead of HID? I think they are cheaper, longer lasting, better light and you can buy what ever temp you want ;) of course Im talking about good ones not for 4,99 from china ;)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Did you think about LED or SMD instead of HID? I think they are cheaper, longer lasting, better light and you can buy what ever temp you want ;) of course Im talking about good ones not for 4,99 from china ;)

I thought about the LED's they work really good.. just that the heat radiates outaide the housing, and there's a fan involved with it.. which will add another part that could possibly go awry..

At the lwast, if HID bulb goes off, its most likely just the bulb which wont hurt the pocket if replacement is needed..

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
Dont think the LEDs are as bright as the HIDs are they? And I diddn't think they were as cheap either?

Top Bottom