reving out at 4000rpm (14psi)

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
hey guyes i set my boost at 14psi and as soon as it gets over 4000rpm it just wants to rev out. does this mean clutch slipping ???? if i set it at stock boost it fine it holds boost through the range. wat does this mean

cheers mate

G

Unregistered
Sounds like it slips like mine, sometimes when I'm flooring it it will just slip for a bit. A new clutch will fix the problem. Even changing down from 5th to 4th to overtake on the motorway it slipped on me just for a little bit. Mines on about 12psi.

G

Unregistered
i love the price of clutches.lol why cant it cost the same as my clutch in the charade, $66. yes thats right $66

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
excdey magna kit is that of the shelf. of are thay hard to get hold of? i want the car to hold 13 psi through the range . keepin the boost stock till i get the new clutch tho.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
It's the same size as a magna clutch but you really should get at least a heavy duty one for the power and torque a VR-4 makes.

And prepare to be without the car for a couple of days, and without a fair chunk of cash after it's done. The gearbox is a bitch to get out and mechanics' labour rates aren't cheap!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
either get the Exedy Heavy Duty Cushioned Button (part number's in the parts guide list)

or get Exedy custom clutch from APC get them to make one for you.. Josh got one made up and had it fitted, i believe it cost him $1800 fitted..

I've driven both, HDCB feels like an aftermarket clutch where as the APC version feels like a NANA clutch but both grips like a tiger with its claws stuck out when you release the clutch pedal.. also driven both normally and in a 'spirited' way.. tough choice really..

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
thats what im loving about my clutch.. it actually feels softer than my original one but you can drop it and launch :p

G

Unregistered
thats what im loving about my clutch.. it actually feels softer than my original one but you can drop it and launch :p

So would the missus be happy driving with the APC one Josh? The HDCB would be too much for her (I had one on my evo 2) so I was thinking I'd have to go the HD one... If the APC one is the best of both worlds I'll have to give them a call!

Also is there any drivetrain shudder with "spirited" changes? That was a big problem on my evo 2...

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
they originally quoted me "anywhere between 1200 and 1800" depending on how similar it was to the evo ones, but i believe it ended up more on the 1200 side.. Marc, it would be missus-friendly.. i havent let mine have a drive yet but it honestly feels like a stock clutch, but if you take it out quick it grabs instead of slips :)

Top Bottom