SA Mechanics

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
Its stainless and I must admit they looked after me on price(I won't say cos he told me that they are charging me half they normally would) but if u saw what I saw in those pipes when I took them off you would think it was the first time they worked with steel pipes. I'll post a photo and you can judge for yourselves

Rob, I was dealing with Jim mainly cos he's the only one that answers the phone there.

Although they did install the RPW front pipes and catback I had and supplied and fitted a metallic cat brand cat converter, which I'm happy with and sounds awesome.

cheaper then $600-$650ish?? cause thats how much my stainless cost and all the welding was done with tig! and he polished it all up for me and installed cooler! thats from throttle body to cooler and then cooler to 'Y' piece.

also if the welding looks like bird shit, thens its probs been done with a mig using stainless wire and argon gas! which is OK for exhausts cause u cant really see the welds but not for cooler piping, cause it will stick out like dogs balls on a canary!

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
grrrr

how can steve book in new work when he's had my car for 2 months :confused::confused::cursing:

Hopefully he can clean it up properly for you though Mat. Id be pushing AAA to pay the bill too - even after they have a go at cleaning up the mess themselves. If they are offering to have a look, they must know they are a bit guilty....

Inspite

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Inspite
Drive
2001 VR-4 Galant
My mate is having work done on his Evo at Steve's tomorrow.

He booked it in 2 weeks ago.

I get the impression you need to be reminding Steve on a regular basis.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
WOW! looks like they rushed things a bit!

Who the hell in their right mind would be a) happy with that welding effort and b) confident enough to put that on a customers car!?!?!?!?!?! Unbeleivable

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Haha that is pretty astoundingly poor, looks like it came out of year 9 metal-tech class.

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
well I showed them their handy work today and they were very apologetic and tried to give excuses and said because the bits of metal are so small it shouldn't affect the motor. They gave an indication that they will cover steve's work but didn't exactly say so and to keep them informed

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Haha that is pretty astoundingly poor, looks like it came out of year 9 metal-tech class.

HEY! my candle holder welds were heaps better than that effort above!!

glad to hear they they should be coming to the party to sort it out Mat

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
Just wondering how long it will take to have a major service done minus the spark plugs, mine got booked in on sat morning at SKR, no big deal just wondering. How long have others waited?? cheers

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hi There,

I had my Alternator replaced at:

Modbury Battery and Electrical
7 Jennifer Avenue
Ridgehaven SA 5097
(08) 8264 3799

Price: $697.00 all up

Part: $459.00 (Jaylec)
Labour: 2.5 hours @ $70
+ GST

Overall they did a great job and were really friendly and helpful. I did give them a copy of Jasons thread here
so they had a step by step guide.
I will complain about something though, they did initially tell me that the price of the part was going to be $400, so I was a bit dirty about it as they talked me out of getting just the bearing fixed as that's all was wrong with it, to replacing the whole thing.
Anyway it's done now and by the looks I got away with it cheaper than most who have posted on the forum.

Hope this helps...

Matt

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Just wondering how long it will take to have a major service done minus the spark plugs, mine got booked in on sat morning at SKR, no big deal just wondering. How long have others waited?? cheers
Just under a day. Or a bit over a day with all oils.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Jeez he's still taking work on :mad::mad::mad:

Good to see you still got your leggie Matt, thought you sold up ages ago

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
Can anyone tell me how much it cost to have a major service done? Had timming belt, water pump, cam seals, crank seal, o2 sensor, thermostat, tensioners, brakes bleed, oil, oil filter and fuel filter. Supplied parts except fluids, plugs were done one month ago. Any idea how much$$$ cheers

Top Bottom