SA Mechanics

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Good good. Did the bolt holding it just get pushed up with the guard so it's not in a position to hit the tyre?

badvr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
marty
Drive
mitsti legnum
Can anyone tell me how much it cost to have a major service done? Had timming belt, water pump, cam seals, crank seal, o2 sensor, thermostat, tensioners, brakes bleed, oil, oil filter and fuel filter. Supplied parts except fluids, plugs were done one month ago. Any idea how much$$$ cheers

im in the same boat as you bro.
anyone have any ideas how much this would cost??

SkY_32

Crunching Gears
First Name
Kyall
Drive
PFL Legnum!
Cheers Steve, I'm heading down to Langley Crash tomorrow morning for a quick quote and if it seems like a little much I'll wait and give that bloke a ring. Just had a quick look at a thread about him on ausrotary, good feedback from those guys.

Out of interest, did you have to get the plastic inner guard removed? I'm looking at it and thinking on the fronts that the plastic part connected to the metal guard is going to need to move to avoid scrubbing on it, as well as the bolt that holds it on... But obviously I want to keep it to avoid mud and crap getting up in there.

How did you go with rolling your guards? Did you end up going with Langley Crash? Looking for a place to get mine done sometime this week. If you've had yours done, did they do a good job? I have spoken with Wheelworx and with the reputation they have and the quote they gave me... I'm looking for other options.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
I got them done at Langley, yeah. The results were good, I asked them to roll the rear guards right up and in without flaring out the guards at all, and they did a great job, no paint damage etc.. The only annoying thing was that they also told me they'd do a quick job of tucking up the fronts a bit, and they didn't touch them. It wasn't all that cheap but they did a very tidy job and its getting harder and harder to find someone who'll do it.

SkY_32

Crunching Gears
First Name
Kyall
Drive
PFL Legnum!
I got them done at Langley, yeah. The results were good, I asked them to roll the rear guards right up and in without flaring out the guards at all, and they did a great job, no paint damage etc.. The only annoying thing was that they also told me they'd do a quick job of tucking up the fronts a bit, and they didn't touch them. It wasn't all that cheap but they did a very tidy job and its getting harder and harder to find someone who'll do it.

Sounds good, will give them a call tomorrow! Cheers!

Jase

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jase
Drive
1998 Mitsubish Legnum VR4 - Type S FL
I am in need of service soon and would like to know who are the gurus of Adelaide for VR4's; I don't want to take it to some random bloke that works at Midas or something and have no idea about VR4’s, it's not a major service but just a general 5,000 km check-up, so can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Hey mate, did you read this thread? It's all about which mechanics are good/bad etc. Any reply is just going to be a repeat of what is already mentioned.

Details about which part of Adelaide are you in would help. :)

Jase

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jase
Drive
1998 Mitsubish Legnum VR4 - Type S FL
I did flick through the pages but there are 20 of them !! I thought if i asked i would get a straight answer; I'm not really fussed I will travel where ever, I live south but can travel north so it doesn't really matter.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Or hit up Jonson on the forums! He's not South I don't think, but I'd be confident he would leave you with a smaller bill than SKR. Nothing but good things said about his work by other members.

G

Unregistered
Or hit up Jonson on the forums! He's not South I don't think, but I'd be confident he would leave you with a smaller bill than SKR. Nothing but good things said about his work by other members.
...and the work will actually get done...

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
hmmmm wonder if jon would change my front centre on the lux and how much to do it... could do it my self but cant really be fucked also waiting for a centre to pop up as every place ive call hasnt got one

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
Jon is great, I just got my clutch put in, 100,000km service, sway bars put on, rpw front pipes pretty much everything done.

The car feels that much better and he pretty much checked over everything and let me know of other things I should take care of :D

Top mechanic in my books and he may be seeing me again soon with some more parts to put on

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
Another happy customer from Jon. Also did the 100k service, new brake pads, general service, transmission fluid change + general service. This guy owns a legnum himself as his daily so he obviously knows his cars. He is a registered business, so everything is done with tax invoices (great if you use the car for work like me). I could not recommend him enough.

Forgot to mention he's also put in spark plugs for me plus fixed and pointed out many other things.
Top bloke and very friendly, helpful customer service.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
With the amount of work I'm getting from Ozvr4, MGEC and word of mouth it is almost getting to the stage where I need to pick TAFE or making a full time workshop.

Top Bottom