Short Shifter for manuals

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
Any more detail on why it didn't work - seemed like a few were keen on going down this road

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Looks the same, I got the one I posted before and love it, really makes the shifting defined and solid. Haven't looked back, great buy in my opinion.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
You probably wouldn't have the full effect of a proper short shifter. The aftermarket ones change the pivot point of the shifter giving you more movement under the ball joint. You also get some solid mounts to replace the rubber mounts there by increasing the solidity of the cradle.

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
yeh but changing the pivot point doesnt interest me cos i dont want to risk having my car only like half in gear if you reduce the pivot point, and lengthening it only makes shifting harder cos you have less leverage so i just left mine alone lol...but still easily do-able....

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
just couple of notes..

our shifter is exactly the same as with the FTO's.. not really sure if its the same with EVO's

FTO's have the 'S' shape on the upper shaft.. with the evo short shift kits you see in ebay doesn't they just have the straight shaft.. therefore it'll look like your shifter leans on the right..

in FTO Australia, they were gonna do a group buy for the C's Short Shifter for their FTO but for some reason it got cancelled..

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
I have had that short shifter on my car for over a year and never had any problems with. In fact I find it better than the OEM one.

I don't have any problems with the shifter leaning to one side either or it hitting the hand brake.

In the end its up to you.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I have had that short shifter on my car for over a year and never had any problems with. In fact I find it better than the OEM one.

I don't have any problems with the shifter leaning to one side either or it hitting the hand brake.

In the end its up to you.

hhmm.. that's good to know..

which ones did you get though?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
One of the ones for an Evo. Its from 360 infinity or something like that. It was a seller on Ebay but it seems they aren't there anymore.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Hey so while mine feels great is that why it's kinda close to the handbrake in reverse. like knuckles rub the gear lever disengaging the hand brake? It's not really an issue just curious....

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Oh just looked at the first page.... It's my bloody car! So yeah the straight one is close to the handbrake in reverse.... Not terrible though

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
There is a slight bend in the shifter shaft, you may be able to angle it away from the hand brake.

Top Bottom