Short Shifter for manuals

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
Thanks guys they are saved in my watch list for next payday. Too many bills this week.

chardo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
richard
Drive
2000 type S, Manual and Recaro's
Yeah, i bought mine through the same seller. I purchased on the Monday and it was delivered on the Saturday, not bad from the UK.

Not sure about others, but i had to remove a lot of plastic from the bottom bracket to allow the shifter to sit in its lowest position, however i had none of the issues others have mentioned regarding the shifter fouling the handbrake.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Not sure about others, but i had to remove a lot of plastic from the bottom bracket to allow the shifter to sit in its lowest position, however i had none of the issues others have mentioned regarding the shifter fouling the handbrake.

Yup I too had to remove quite a bit of the plastic..

It depends on the orientation of the shifter..if you lean the bend side towards the passanger then it wont have any trouble in selecting reverse gear...

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
That's the bugger I have with mine is using reverse and letting off hand brake = pinched hand

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
i'm Umming and Ahhing about getting one of these short shifter kits..

might wait til after Xmas.. (along with a set of Hella Supertone horns :p )

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
i'm Umming and Ahhing about getting one of these short shifter kits..

might wait til after Xmas.. (along with a set of Hella Supertone horns :p )

Come and test it on mine, you are not that far from me. I am sure you will like the throw of it.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
That's the bugger I have with mine is using reverse and letting off hand brake = pinched hand

But closer to the wheel so better ;)

And yes a lot of plastic needs to come off

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
Hmm I didnt have to remove any plastic to fit mine and I dont have any issues with hitting handbrake in reverse... Altho I didnt fit it my mate did when we were doing the manual conversion while I was under the car and I trust him the only other person I would let work on my car

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
^ which setting do you have it on, maybe not the shortest throw?

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
Just purchased one of these yesterday and used Akko's link. Thanks mate let me know how long it took to get to you and how fitment went.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Just purchased one of these yesterday and used Akko's link. Thanks mate let me know how long it took to get to you and how fitment went.

Took a while to get this done but got there in the end, console still isn't fully back together due to lack of time hah.

Need to get some grease from somewhere too... otherwise going good, back to what i had become a custom to in my old car.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
Tomorrow im gonna have to hunt down some longer bolts and get the dremel out. Where would be the best place to get longer bolts from? Im in the Blacktown area. Bunnings wouldnt sell bolts the same would they?

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
Tomorrow im gonna have to hunt down some longer bolts and get the dremel out. Where would be the best place to get longer bolts from? Im in the Blacktown area. Bunnings wouldnt sell bolts the same would they?
Depends, what size, length and pitch are they? Ill check for you on Sunday :p

Top Bottom