southen highlands cruise ??

G

Unregistered
hey guys just was wondering if anyone would be intersted in having a cruise down to the southen highlands dont no when as of yet but there are some great roads down here and great hill climbs and we could go to fitzroy falls for lunch and photos im shoure u will be uo for it DIMI cheers guys

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Absolutely, count me in....... though parking at Fitzroy Falls will be a problem if we have more than 16cars (thats if the parking area is empty when we arrive) think Kangaroo Valley is a better option and more choices for lunch. Anyone want to suggest a centralised meeting place and route for the run???

G

Unregistered
Ohh Yea count me in! us city slickers could all meet somewhere and
all cruse down together. Then meet up with David and Kat down south somewhere??

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
sounds like a good plan. i agree kangaroo valley has some nice spots to stop. Good old pub for lunch. plenty of windy loops to drive through- barrengary, cambewarra, berry, macquaries, jamberoo..... ooooo i am getting goose bumps.

can we start looking at dates??

my january is pretty chockers

3/4 is good - should all still be on holidays
18/19 is good

what do we think?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Cool! Southern Highlands is the way I go to my sis's place...well similar lol I go through Kiama, Berry, Nowra, Batemans to go to Narooma :)

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
I'm in. Our turn for us to cruise down to your area Dave :)
What day would this be on? Sunday would be sweet i reckon.
Terrorise the residents of Bargo
Na just jokes

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Working on ideas for challenging routes, combine a couple of hill climbs and some down hill twisty slaloms.

As for a date, like to steer clear of weekend 3-4th January, its double demerits till midnight on the 4th and there'll be plenty of blue operations going as they wind up the period...

18-19th works better and is less expensive on points in case any of us attract some unwanted attention............

G

Unregistered
i think tha 18th or 19th will be good im thinking of where we will start i think we will meet in mittagong and then head down to kagaroo valley the to nowra then head to wollongong and head back up the pass to mittagong thats a rely good run i have done it befor any other idears will be great cheers

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Sounds good 18th is Sunday in Jan right? I'm already south syd it's only 45mins to the gong for me on a good run.

G

Unregistered
yes the 18th of jan i think that will be the right time to do this

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Love to come but I wont be able to attend this one. Got a guest from overseas and staying for two weeks that week.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Proposed Run Route: 11.00am Meet Hilltop on ramp to Hume Highway, Mittagong, Bowral, Bong Bong, Fitzroy Falls, 12.00pm Kangaroo Valley for Lunch, 1.00pm-Cambewarra Mtn, Nowra (Bombaderry round about) Berry, Kiama, Jambaroo Rd to Macquarie Pass, Robertson and return to Mittagong 3.30pm There is a 3 bay Car Wash at Mittagong for a after run wash.

If this suits everyone, will post exact run notes and kilometre markers..

Comments??

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
The most amazing part of that video is the lack of logging trucks (I only watched 2 mins).

Lot's of bikers have been killer in mac pass... great road though! Mostly due to trucks not staying in their lanes. Good times!

So the 18th is locked in then?

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
We'll wait on the general consensus, but i think so, not to many trucks on sundays, its more the stoopid sunday drivers that will be the problem.

Top Bottom