Proposed Central Highlands Run (March 2009)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I've given you guys 5 minutes, thats enough haha

How about THIS

Lunch at the picnic area with cafe at bobbin head overlooking the water before doing Galston Gorge for Paul then heading back towards OP through hills district and dropping eveyone off on the way

Map.jpg

If we do this i will make the meet time 10AM. I wouldn't expect us to return until 2PM at the earliest.

On this route we should find scenic shit and picnic areas on the way that we may be interested in stopping at :)

I'll give it till 10PM tomoz night for everyone to decide whether they are happy with this then i'll create the thread to get the ball rolling

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
What about doing Old Pacific Highway? I haven't done many drives but its was fun on my mates motor bike and in the 63 beetle.

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
Hey Guys,
So following on from what Kitty had come up with originally…..

How about Meet at Ourimbah, Pacific Highway (left side has a rest area)
Take Pacific Highway through to Alison Road, Wyong into Yarramalong Road
Yarramalong turns into spring, left onto George Downes Road
Right onto Wiseman’s Ferry Road…. Follow it through to Settler’s Road into St Albans.
Lunch – Those who missed out on Pies the first time get first dibs….
Back St Albans Road, Into Bicentenary Through Lower Portland into Wilberforce then Windsor.
Total Trip…..190k approx 2 hours 40 Mins from Ourimbah to Windsor. (according to Whereis.com.)

Now, I have not done it so I don’t know if this is realistic…

Don't know if there is a good spot somewhere along the way for piccies and shooting the breeze.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Wayne, excellent suggestion, plenty of photo op right thru there, maybe I could arrange a portable BBQ and do a sausage sizzle in park opposite park @ St. Albans Pub.

Although maybe do this in reverse so Dawso is atleast heading in the right direction to get home (does this make it easier for our NSW enigma - Dawso) then all the sydney crew can cruise back down the F3 on the way home????? Everyone meets in the morning in the Park on opposite side of river in Windsor I think its called Macquarie Park, good photo op there and then head for wisemans ferry

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Wayne, excellent suggestion, plenty of photo op right thru there, maybe I good arrange a portable BBQ and do a sausage sizzle in park opposite park @ St. Albans Pub.

Although maybe do this in reverse so Dawso is atleast heading in the right direction to get home (does this make it easier for our NSW enigma - Dawso) then all the sydney crew can cruise back down the F3 on the way home????? Everyone meets in the morning in the Park on opposite side of river in Windsor I think its called Macquarie Park, good photo op there and then head for wisemans ferry

I'll be staying in hills district so that way will be fine :)

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
ok sounds like we have a run, whats the date?????

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Well, if anyone was interested, I'm out of this cruise now as well. I'll either be driving back from Griffith or driving to QLD.

No wait hang on ... I might be in Sydney in the evening... I'll see if I can catch up at all..

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Whatever the run is, I'm doing it :)

Might have two passengers this time.

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
Kat,

If we reverse the trip, we could stop at Mangrove Country Club in Central Mangrovw. Web says it's a sports club (place to eat) which we could use for lunch if BBQ idea doesn't fly. I couldn't see any "BBQ spots" to pull over at once we got past Wiseman's Ferry (Google Earth) but if anyone has any ideas, let's hear 'em...

Then we can head up George Downes Road into Yarramalong, back down the mountain to Wyong and out at Tuggerah and Cruise 3 lanes, 4 cars per lane on the way back South.

What do we think?

I'm good for the 14th.... (Hopefully will have the car back by then :mad:)

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Wayne, I was only suggesting a reversal to help Dawso homeward bound, but he's staying in sydney.
The park opposite the Settlers Arms Inn in St.Albans is perfect for a BBQ, there is a restaurant in the pub if anyone not up for a snag/steak & salad, but in saying that, I happy for whatever the team decides just thought it would avoid the queue for a meal like we had in kangaroo valley on the last run

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
Kat, No Problem. Just thought if we needed to reverse, we had an options. So Dawso is happy then!!! Bring on the BBQ....

Is the new radio/scanner installed? Looking forward to seeing it in your car.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
LOL, no, sitting on the shelf waiting for Nudge to install, he's a slacker...lol

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
14th March is cool with me, count me in kids!

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Anyone with a suggestion for a meeting point for the sydney crew to cruise up to Somersby rather than Ourimbah, I recall that we also discussed throwing the Galston Gorge in on the way up for the Sydney Crew, so maybe meet in Castle Hill arround 8.00 for a 8.30am departure to make Somersby by 10am..... Thoughts????

Hows this route suit everyone, zoom in on wisemans ferry to st. albans we will be travelling on opposite sides of the mcdonald river on the journey in and out (just incase your thinking we are doubling back)

[/gmap][gmap]http://maps.google.com.au/maps/empw...ARTsJqgPuYboVQpdBMgvQU0g7mV6c6whA&hl=en&gl=au
[/gmap]

A nice lil 260km cruise.....

Which will include 2 Ferry Crossings (Webbs Creek Ferry @ Wisemans Ferry & Sackville Ferry) which we'll get some awesome pics from IMO........

I'll try getting hold of the ferry masters tomorrow at both sackville and webbs creek to check tides and make sure there willing to ram the ferrys as far up the ramp as possible so us that have lowered vehicles don't damage our air dams, their normally very accomodating with a request from a full ferry load

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
Castle Hill sounds good. How about in the McDonald's Carpark on the corner of Showground Road and Barwell Avenue. It's just off Old Northern Road Castle Hill.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
If you guys wanna do that i'll be there :)..... I'm just around the corner from there haha

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I'll be coming. Just let me know where to meet. Actually i'll be in Avoca that weekend so is it possible to meet you guys at Somersby??

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Castle Hill McDonalds Carpark 8.00am for a 8.30am kickoff sounds good to me Wayne.

Yea David Somersby is fine to join the Run, my guess would 9.45ish for a 10.00ish kickoff for that leg...

"""""DIMI""""" "Star NSW Moderator"

Would you like to start the official thread for the run so we can have everyone register their interest - just to make it easier so I have numbers to cater for Lunch

We can continue to thrash out route here on this thread if anyone wants to suggest changes to route or timing for the next week or so..........

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
So are people just going to trail off & separate at the ending of the run ?

Or is there going to be a meet up at the end of it ?

I'm driving back from Griffith that day with a car load of used POS equipment so I kind of can't make the run, but I'll be arriving in Sydney later on in the afternoon/evening.

Just wondering if there was any meeting up that I might join in on...

Top Bottom