Proposed Central Highlands Run (March 2009)

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Certainly nothing is set in stone yet, we could stage at the park on the otherside of river @windsor (wilberforce side - nice photo op) and all the sydney crew can go that way to the central coast group meeting (F3 Gosford Interchange)

Theres certainly some nice tight twisty bits going that way

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Yes i'm trying to get the date but its like getting blood out of a stone!!!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Sounds gooood :)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
March is good ....

Hmmm.. might even have my secret with me on that date :)

But Galston Gorge Paul ??? Man I can't imagine getting the Legnums through ? The turning circle is so shithouse I can see the bank up of cars waiting while I do 3 point turns to get around hahaha...

Galants - no prob yea !

G

Unregistered
Man I can't imagine getting the Legnums through ? The turning circle is so shithouse I can see the bank up of cars waiting while I do 3 point turns to get around hahaha...

Hay Brad that is why they invented DRIFTING!!!!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
But Galston Gorge Paul ??? Man I can't imagine getting the Legnums through ? The turning circle is so shithouse I can see the bank up of cars waiting while I do 3 point turns to get around hahaha...

Galants - no prob yea !

The turning circle for Legnums and Galants is the same. They can get through, I've been along it plenty of times. :) You just need to take it wide to start off with and people who travel the gorge know to give way to people on the inside so they can go wider. Everyone has to go wide. That's what makes it fun :p lol

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Hay Brad that is why they invented DRIFTING!!!!

hahahaha LOL!

The bloke I bought my car off lived out at Dural, and when I took it out for a test drive for the first time, I ended up on Galston Gourge.. Man it freaked me out, being a car I didn't own, the owner NOT being with me, and being a completely ridiculous tight road haha..

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
BUMP

Dawso, any news??

Want a fem perspective, candlelit dinner (that you cook) wine, a massage
who knows you might get lucky with more then the march date

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
BUMP

Dawso, any news??

Want a fem perspective, candlelit dinner (that you cook) wine, a massage
who knows you might get lucky with more then the march date

PMSL!!!!

I have PM'd you lol..... I'll post the dates tomorrow when i find out EXACTLY what is happening when i come down there

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Ok, Let us know how you go............. with the date that is,,,,,,, just for clarification, the date in march...lol????

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
The hens night they are all going down for is on the 28th..... Go down Friday and come back Sunday if we drive.

Saturday is a bad day for a cruise IMO as it is difficult to get people on a saturday. So if you organise a w/e earlier in March such as Sunday the 8th i'll come down and stay with my sis in Manly and go for the cruise with you all on the Sunday :)

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Hmmm, Sounds like there may be a chance that you won't be even driving down for the hens weekend (ie alternate transport)

There are a couple of members that have asked for the run to be held on a Saturday rather than a Sunday because they work Sundays and are only available on Saturdays.

Might be an idea for a Poll so that we can gauge who is available on given days??????

Thanks Dawso for the update......... I'll get the poll up shortly................

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
saturday is better for me

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Hmmm, Sounds like there may be a chance that you won't be even driving down for the hens weekend (ie alternate transport)

There are a couple of members that have asked for the run to be held on a Saturday rather than a Sunday because they work Sundays and are only available on Saturdays.

Might be an idea for a Poll so that we can gauge who is available on given days??????

Thanks Dawso for the update......... I'll get the poll up shortly................

I'm happy to do either Saturday or Sunday.... If Saurday i'll take a Friday off work and if its a Sunday i'll take the Monday :)

Hens night has only been half ass organised so its up to them to work out how they are gonna do it now lol....

If you let me know what day and what date, put me down as a definate :D (And i will change my custom user title lol....)

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
ROFLOL, not going to say a word to the last sentence, but would be nice to see you rolling with style.......

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
ROFLOL, not going to say a word to the last sentence, but would be nice to see you rolling with style.......

Hehehe.... I have a good idea as to what you WANTED to say :)

As for the rolling with style, don't let the QLD'rs see that!!!

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
would you like a public retraction. apologies to the Cane Toads for having to roll with Dawso.....

I'm a bad Kitty

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Sorry don't want to sounds pedantic here, but, Central Highlands ? I've never actually heard that term used to describe the areas you're speaking about ?

Central Mangrove/Peats Ridge/St Albans could all be lumped under an 'Upper Hawkesbury' title while when you get to Singleton etc that's Hunter Valley territory...

Just curious where you got Central Highlands from ??? I know there's Central Highlands in QLD but been in Sydney for 26 years then on the Central Coast & Newcastle for the remainder of my time & never heard that term ?? :confused:

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Ok Brad, would you like to rename the title of thread ie Hilly Twisty bits around the Central Coast run, or the Inland from the Central Coast Run.

Without being pedantic its the lower hawkesbury-which starts at lower portland, the upper hawkesbury-(is junction of grose/nepean/hawkesbury rivers near yarramundi) if I'm not mistaken and st.albans is on the mc'donald river.

Once I post up the run notes for discussion, we can argue about the run title, what's more important is that we get a good turn out, good weather, all our cars get home in the same way they arrive and we thoroughly enjoy ourselves.

The carpetted cat poll isn't around for me to sharpen my claws....... apologies Brad...... PMS....... as long as we have another great cruise I don't really care what we title it

I made the Title up for want of a better title.....

Top Bottom