Proposed Central Highlands Run (March 2009)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Ok Brad, would you like to rename the title of thread ie Hilly Twisty bits around the Central Coast run, or the Inland from the Central Coast Run.
Hehe hey about the 'North of Sydney Run' ? ;) Covers everything eh ?

The carpetted cat poll isn't around for me to sharpen my claws....... apologies Brad...... PMS....... as long as we have another great cruise I don't really care what we title it
Nah that's fine I wasn't having a go at you at all !! I was looking up QLD as I'm heading up there in a few weeks for work & noticed there was an area called Central Highlands & I thought 'Gee that's quite a cruise'. :ROFLMAO:

Though I thought for a second there my wife had jumped on & made a post. ;) She is exactly in one of those moods at the moment !

/ducks knife being thrown at head/

If we get the chance for a mini-meet coming back from Griffith I'll apologise in person :bigsmile:

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
Absolutely Wayne, Nudge actually attached a camera swivel mount to the Suction Cup this afternoon.... he destroyed a perfectly good tripod to do it though, I'm pretty sure that he's nailed it now......

I'll be posting some more footage up shortly of the cambewarra mountain section, just waiting on youtube upload.. standby

So i gathered you enjoyed stretching your babies feet a little yesterday??

I did and so did the baby. We'll get some newer shoes on the young lady for the next cruise and a little more adventurous into the corners. I found a small 2.4Mhz camera that could be mounted on the rear view mirror and a lead through to a recording media which might be of use for us. I'll check out and see if I can get it set up for the next criuse.

Bring on March.... I've found some extra UHF radios which I bring for next time as well. Little handhelds which might hook up a few more people for the cruise.

Can't wait.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Yea Wayne , the last one was pretty good, this one will have a few bits that you can test the new tyres out on.....

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
How do the attendee's feel about 50k's of smooth dirt as part of the cruise (hard clay/silt/sand) hard packed with very little dust, fairly twisty, very smooth? and no loose rocks..........................

Will be scoping this out the weekend of 21&22nd February checking road conditions (if I'm not happy to run my car over it, I wouldn't expect you guys too), so if anyone wants to tag along to verify road conditions let me know

If it rains the week leading up to the cruise this section will be cancelled........

I'd like everyones opinion on this, it has some awesome photo ops and if the road condition is good some really nice driving??

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
How do the attendee's feel about 50k's of smooth dirt as part of the cruise (hard clay/silt/sand)
Sounds good. I'd be up for that. I like dirt tracks. As long as it's firm and there's no deep ditches or dents in the ground :ROFLMAO:

When you go and sus it out, mind taking a few shots of that road for us?

Is it similar to this firm dirt road?
We drove through this on the Mitsubishi Club Australia Christmas Cruise last year.

PC140115.jpg

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Sounds good. I'd be up for that. As long as it's firm and there's no deep ditches or dents in the ground :ROFLMAO:

When you go and sus it out, mind taking a few shots of that road for us?

Dimi, the last time I was on this section it was smooth like a billiard table, no loose stones and very firm no corrugations at all........ would you like to come for the scope, will be doing the full cruise & doing notes.....

Yes similar, but less loose sand on top

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
You sooks..... Should see where i took REBOOT :)

You don't mind the dirt track do ya Kitty......... PMSL

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
I dont mind getting down and dirty Dawso :redface:, as long as nothing gets damaged......

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
My god you two, seriously, get a room :p hahaha

Kitty, i like the sound of all this dirt rd business haha, so long as there are no major potholes!

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Once scoped and sure the road is smooth, its sounding like its an inclusion for the run

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Once we have a date locked in I'll commit have a bit on in March already. But would love to come if the date fits.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Once we have a date locked in I'll commit have a bit on in March already. But would love to come if the date fits.

Might have the Super on the road by then. Don't know though if my first cruise in it I'd want to be going over dirt roads....

Perhaps the Grandpa might be in ... just hope nothing breaks !!

G

Unregistered
Dirt road is fine as long as your the car in the front as there will be so much dust :)

The dirt sounds fun as long as no one slides sideways off the road.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Dirt road is fine as long as your the car in the front as there will be so much dust :)

The dirt sounds fun as long as no one slides sideways off the road.

VR4's are SUPER easy to control in the dirt..... And its 10000 times more fun than tar :D

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Are we still doing this?

Can we do it the w/e of the 14th?

Kat and Dimi, did you guys do a trip around the route to be taken?

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
As long as it doesnt go too far in to the evening, I can do 14th :)

One of my best friends is having her bday thing that night so I'll need to be hoooome

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Can we make this a reality please lol.... I have to organise getting there and accomodation and stuff if we are gonna do it!

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Yes it will be happening, apologies to NSW crew, been a hectic couple of weeks for me and haven't had a chance to scout the run, was planned for last sunday but events made it impossible to do it then, will try for next weekend, sorry guys.....

Unless someone else wants to put their hand up to get this arranged and make up a suitable route for the run?????

Kat

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Or no-one could scout it and make it an adventure!!

I don't know my way around Sydney or outskirts real well so someone may have to plan a route.

If someone does the route and rough itenerary i can do the thread with some details.

Saturday the 14th 9AM at Olympic Park. BC park again? Same spot as last meet and we'll leave from there once everyone arrives. Pub lunch somewhere at 12, back to O.P by 3 dropping the westy's off on the way ;)

Route anyone?

Top Bottom