Proposed Central Highlands Run (March 2009)

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Would like to organise a Central Highlands Cruise, Staging Point near the F3 Gosford Interchange, a cruise through the hills around Gosford, Central and Upper Mangrove Mountains, Wisemans Ferry then out to St.Albans Pub for a late lunch, about a 350k cruise with about 165k's of hilly twisty bitumen. Will post proposed run notes once completed for general discussion comments.........

Saturday 14th March 2009 (revised date)

:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:A 20 "VR4" Cruise is the Goal:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Who's interested

01) Kat & Nudge
02) Dawso & Better Half
03) Chris + Video Director???
04) Dimi
05) Emanuel
06) David C
07) Wayne
08) Brad
09) Tom
10) Irwin
11) Paul
12) Elijah
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

Yes, an ambitious number I know, com'on guys.......

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
If you do Putty rd to Singleton i can meet you there? Only 3 hours away for me then.... :)

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Hmmm, Dawso, for you we'll try (I want that nardi wheel....lol) maybe an overnighter for the sydney crew with a stopover at singleton, then an early start out of singleton and run to gosford for the start (sydney crew??? who wants a late afternoon / early evening run up the putty road, staging point macquarie park Windsor)
Dawso the end point will be the F3 Gosford interchange eta 3.30pm, you'd probably beat me home from there?????????

G

Unregistered
Yea put me down Kitty. I can smell the brakes already!!!

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Cool Chris, DONE Are you bringing your Dad, can't wait to see his footage????

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I'll be down in Sydney one w/e in March anyway actually.... I'll keep you posted and let you know!

That way i can start and finish with all the Sydney boys! w00t!

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Well thats certainly helps cut the K's down for everyone, thanks Dawso
(one step closer to your nardi wheel)

G

Unregistered
Sounds good, I guess we'll just have to see about what day its on.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I'd love to go pending date confirmation

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
I'm in pending dates as well Kat.

Will you have the camera mount sorted out by then?

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Absolutely Wayne, Nudge actually attached a camera swivel mount to the Suction Cup this afternoon.... he destroyed a perfectly good tripod to do it though, I'm pretty sure that he's nailed it now......

I'll be posting some more footage up shortly of the cambewarra mountain section, just waiting on youtube upload.. standby

So i gathered you enjoyed stretching your babies feet a little yesterday??

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Hey sounds good .... my neck of the woods too so you'll all be on 'my' turf haha.

Dimi take the right exit this time !! :D haha j/j

I'll be over 200,000kms too by then so we can all bow in awe of the legend that is the 'Grandpa' ..

Sign me up for the time being... will notify if I have to cancel.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I'll be up for this run, not so sure about the staying the night thing though haha.. would much prefer a morning/all day thing like originally suggested!

Also, for those wanting ideas of random runs to do at any other time, one run that ive done a couple of times is up the old pac hwy, left through peats ridge, down wisemans ferry rd through spencer, across the ferry, through wisemans ferry :)

It isn't so much hard twisties or whatever (except parts of old pac), but it is nice quicker paced driving of country roads around nice places!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I'll be up for this run, not so sure about the staying the night thing though haha.. would much prefer a morning/all day thing like originally suggested!

Also, for those wanting ideas of random runs to do at any other time, one run that ive done a couple of times is up the old pac hwy, left through peats ridge, down wisemans ferry rd through spencer, across the ferry, through wisemans ferry :)

It isn't so much hard twisties or whatever (except parts of old pac), but it is nice quicker paced driving of country roads around nice places!

Hehe nice idea Tom, just we gotta make sure we take those corners properly otherwise we're going for a nice swim in our VR4s ;)
Done that run many a time, but not in my Legnum yet.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Count me in if it's not a stay-over event. Any weekend in March should be fine with a few weeks' notice.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Paul, looks as though Dawso will be in sydney anyway so the overnight is off. so it will be just a day cruise..... Just waiting on dawso to confirm what weekend he'll be in sydney (hint hint), then the timing and route will depend on tides so we can get 2 ferry crossings in (need a high tide to get those of us who are a lil low onto ferries without dragging our front air dams off) so more awesome river crossing shots/videos of VR4's are assured

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Awesome Kat! I'm looking forward to it already :)

I don't know if this was part of your route but there's a great run from Windsor to Hornsby via Galston Gorge. If it's not part of it and not close enough we can always use it later.

Top Bottom