Tune by Steve - Sydney

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Hey guys, I'm getting a tune done by Steve on the 13th of August (Saturday Arvo) and it will be done on a Dyno...The Dyno is 'rented' for half a day and is at a very very reasonable price. However, it does not take half a day to tune one car hence if anyone else is interested in a tune then the Dyno cost could be split thus making it much cheaper. I'm only looking for one more person. If more people are interested (up to three more) then the Dyno can be booked for the whole day. If you need a price for the Dyno and/or tune you can either PM me or Steve.
Would prefer someone who can commit to the date rather than a maybe.

Cheers

Confirmed Tuners:
Black_ice (Aamir)
casuarina26 (Phil)
sn00ze (Zach)

That means one more spot left..get in quick!

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
Hi Aamir count me in as the guy that was going to do mine has moved shop and I am still waiting to here from him the 13 August is ok with me I will be there just let me know where abouts in sydney.

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Hey aamir if anything should happen and Phillip can't make it I'll be there as long as someone can sell me a 7202 before then:)

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Hey aamir if anything should happen and Phillip can't make it I'll be there as long as someone can sell me a 7202 before then:)

Talk to Steve about that...he should be able to get you sorted. If he can get you sorted and some else is interested in a tune as well then we can book the Dyno for the whole day and get all four cars done..would work out cheaper..

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Zach, I have a spare 7202....

sanchez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
rodrigo
Drive
legnum
I could be interested as well if you look like extending it to the day pending location/cost.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
if you guys can.. replace the fuel pump before the tune.. you won't regret it :)

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
if you guys can.. replace the fuel pump before the tune.. you won't regret it :)

At how much boost would you say the car is really benefiting from an aftermarket pump? Sorry to hijack the thread!

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET

Will do Chris. My list to do before the tune is hard pipes, plugs, fuel pump + 7202....doubt I could get a c.o.p kit before the 13th ey Chris? :D

Edit* just tried to pm you Steve... Looks like you need to clear some space so i can pm you!! :D

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yeah sorry zach just cleaned it out, try again now....

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
At how much boost would you say the car is really benefiting from an aftermarket pump? Sorry to hijack the thread!

Well the factory pump can keep up with the turbos if it's in perfect condition, I made my 211kW run on a hub dyno with a factory fuel pump and it was fine, but one day it started running leaner and leaner at big load, they generally fail in this way, so you have no idea without a fuel pressure gauge or a wideband installed. That said Christians was fine on the tune day up there but then stopped a few weeks later. As an insurance policy it's best to have the pump in probably on any car. And before the tune is best as it can affect AFR's if it is starting to fail requiring a touch up of the fuel maps with the new pump installed (Christians car now needs a touch up to his fuel maps hence his comments).

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
I'll write a checklist of things to review before the day and post it up here

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Well the factory pump can keep up with the turbos if it's in perfect condition, I made my 211kW run on a hub dyno with a factory fuel pump and it was fine, but one day it started running leaner and leaner at big load, they generally fail in this way, so you have no idea without a fuel pressure gauge or a wideband installed. That said Christians was fine on the tune day up there but then stopped a few weeks later. As an insurance policy it's best to have the pump in probably on any car. And before the tune is best as it can affect AFR's if it is starting to fail requiring a touch up of the fuel maps with the new pump installed (Christians car now needs a touch up to his fuel maps hence his comments).

So Steve will the Boys at the Dyno place be able to install a fuel pump or should we get it done before we come..I just though that I'd rather give them the business since we are using their Dyno..think its time to send Ivan a PM..
Cheers

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Oh crap, I thought you had one already! I'll get a price from them for install so you know what you're up for, just make sure you have it there for the day and they can put it in while we do another car.

Top Bottom