Tune by Steve - Sydney

Paul

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Reid
Drive
Legnum vr4
Sounds good would be interested in getting a tune done when I get my car back from the panel shop with new cooler on and coilovers in. Possibly try organise another day like this where there are a few cars.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
So what power outputs did you guys end up with?

MackTheKnife

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Mc
Drive
'90 MX5 and '01 LR Freelander V6 Softback
Nice results, will definately have to get Steve to work his magic on mine once I have some funds.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Don't sell your car short Aamir, I have a graph here that says 198, that's a whole 0.5% there :)

Now I'm going to qualify these numbers. Aamir's car is the fastest VR4 I have seen on stock turbos, it's just one of those freak cars. I now have some work to do to catch up. This dyno reads low, the old dyno dynamics dyno they used to have read 15% higher, do the maths.

Bear in mind too that the baro pressure on the day was 95kPa, partially due to the altitude of the dyno so we are 6% down on standard atmospheric. To give another idea of how quick these cars were an evo8 running significantly more than stock boost and an exhaust (no tune) recorded 160kW on the same dyno. As I said Aamir's car is seriously quick now.

So let's look at gains

Black_Ice's freaky car gained 29.4% on peak power @ 5100RPM with a boost increase of 3.5psi at that point, about a 40% torque increase around 3000RPM

Snooze's car gained 57.5% peak power with a boost pressure increase of 6.5psi at that point (was wastegate pressure) I don't have the graphs (Zach took the printouts with him as he was the last to leave but I'd guess he had 80% more torque or something crazy but it was runnning low boost)

KC's car gained 17.8% peak power with a boost pressure about the same, maybe 0.5psi but way more torque down lower (and I forgot to save the stock graph so I can't say what, probably 20-25%ish as the booost levels essentially didn't change)

Phil's car had a tune already in it, it was rubbish, the worst tune I have ever seen, peak power gain was 29.5% but running less boost than the initial tune! Torque gain of about 40% at around 3500RPM

I haven't posted actual figures up as the others may not want that known, but they all beat the evo mentioned above power wise

It was a great day so thanks to all of you for coming and especially Aamir for organising it, good to see everyone leaving with smiles on their faces too!

ConnerS

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
02 Legnum type S
98 Lancer Evo 5 GSR
Well done guys!
Reading these awesome results makes me want to get my tune re-done by Steve.

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Agreed.. Great day Well worth the wait. Yeh It was 122 kw first run with 6.5 psi....by the end it was 192 with 18 psi so I'm cheering! Even more so than the numbers, the cars power delivery is much smoother its incredible...plus I've got over 200,000km on the engine!

Well done aamir!! Awesome results!!

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Agreed.. Great day Well worth the wait. Yeh It was 122 kw first run with 6.5 psi....by the end it was 192 with 18 psi so I'm cheering! Even more so than the numbers, the cars power delivery is much smoother its incredible

yea mine was 198kw @ 16psi...but what i loved most about the tune was how smooth the car felt and how smooth the power delivery was..know exactly what u mean Zach..pity I couldnt stay and catch up with you..maybe on the next cruise...

ConnerS

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
02 Legnum type S
98 Lancer Evo 5 GSR
Just wondering what intercoolers you guys are running with that amount of output from the turbos?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
hmmm so aamir's the one to beat hey? challenge accepted lol

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Both zach and aamir are only running 14psi at peak power.... Their other numbers are peak boost

Top Bottom