Tune by Steve - Sydney

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Oh crap, I thought you had one already! I'll get a price from them for install so you know what you're up for, just make sure you have it there for the day and they can put it in while we do another car.

Hopefully Ivan has one in stock..if not do you know anywhere else that would have one?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yes ill pm you the details.... As for the fuel rail loops, they'd better be here by then!

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
Amir, I got my pump from Ivan [cost $138 = 10 postage] I just sent him a pm, took 2 days to arrive from when I ordered it, very easy to install yourself I just followed the write up guide .

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Did you use different o rings? (ie thicker) if not, I can post you some before the tune day.... Without them some flow flows around the pump bypassing the fuel system which would cause cold start issues and lack of fuel flow at full load.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Did you use different o rings? (ie thicker) if not, I can post you some before the tune day.... Without them some flow flows around the pump bypassing the fuel system which would cause cold start issues and lack of fuel flow at full load.

Can you keep a set of these O rings for me as well Steve..If I'm getting the pump installed on the tune day then great but if for some reason that can't be done could you post me a set as well pls..
Any news on if the Dyno if free on the 13th Steve?

Also first post updated..

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Hi all, we have a 4th car for a tune also (Karnik), that's as many as I'll happily do in a day so I'll get a checklist up of what should be done prior to the tune.... Looks like all 4 of you are putting fuel pumps in before then so just as a sidenote, www.streettuned .com.au has them on special today only at $129ea I think including postage.... Maybe worth a look.

Also Karnik found this site http://www.streettunedmotorsports.com/evo/evo_fuel.htm which has them for $85US and no shipping charge??? seems odd but maybe worth a look too.

And yes, the dyno is booked for the full day. Aamir, they can do the pump on the day or you can do it before, I'll post you the O-ring just in case

Sleepyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew Reddel
Drive
1997 Vr4 Legnum
Wheres the dyno ... might pop in to say hello if its not to far away.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Springwood - Lower Blue Mountains, about 20mins west of Penrith

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
And yes, the dyno is booked for the full day. Aamir, they can do the pump on the day or you can do it before, I'll post you the O-ring just in case

Hey Steve, I'd rather do it on the day..Its easier that way and I may not have time to get it done during the week..So pls let them know that they'll be doing my fuel pump..I'll just get the O rings from you on that day..
Thanks for all your help Steve..

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
Galant was been Sold
Hey Aamir we can do it there it wont take no more than about 45 min to do. I have done it so if we do it ourselves it will save you money.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
I don't think the guys at the dyno will care if you do or don't get them to do the fuel pump but they might care if you did it AT their workshop, they're very nice guys but they may be offended by that. Maybe meet up and do it on the way down if you guys are doing it, I also need to put that fuel rail loop in for you as promised Aamir so maybe we can meet up before the day....

So checklist:
1. Check what ECU you have (physically check it is a 7202 or 7203, don't just base this on the year of manufacture of the car
2. Are your spark plugs in good condition, have they got the correct gap (0.8mm) and are they of the correct type. Should be NGK BKR6EIX or BKR7EIX (not those numbers followed by a "-11" the 11 means 1.1mm gap which is no good past about 12psi). Denso plugs should be either IK20, IK22, VK20 or VK22, again, 0.8mm gap, Naughtika is selling these if you need some
3. Are your leads in good condition
4. Have you done the coilpack service (this can be done on the day easily if not, I'll bring some contact cleaner)
If you have Christian's COP, ignore points 3 and 4 :)
5. If you have changed your fuel pump, did you put the bigger o-ring in?
6. Check for boost leaks, tighten up all hoses after the turbos
7. Make sure your cooling system is leak free and works correctly, your needle should be sitting just below halfway with normal driving once up to operating temperature

Generally, the cars will get a bit of a work out engine wise, they will do multiple runs at full throttle all the way to redline with more load than they have ever seen before, I wouldn't suggest doing this on really old oil and use a good quality fully synthetic oil but all of that should go without saying.

The clutch, brakes, gearbox and diffs don't get too hard a work out but I'd make sure at least your AYC fluid is not old before the day, and that the gearbox, transfer case and diff oil levels are full, again this should be the case anyway for our cars (or any car really).

Make sure the car has at least half a tank of fuel of whatever you use, the car will be tuned to suit whatever fuel that is in it. There is a BP and a Shell service station nearby, the nearest Caltex with 98 would be at Glenbrook. The BP is the closest.

If you can PM me the engine related mods done to your car and which ECU you have (if you haven't already) I will have a better base map ready for the day.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
I don't think the guys at the dyno will care if you do or don't get them to do the fuel pump but they might care if you did it AT their workshop, they're very nice guys but they may be offended by that. Maybe meet up and do it on the way down if you guys are doing it, I also need to put that fuel rail loop in for you as promised Aamir so maybe we can meet up before the day.....

Sounds good Steve..

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
Galant was been Sold
Had my tune done by Steve today and what a difference it made as opposed to the jap tune that was in it [they have no idea about tuning, it as all over the place]. the car is a lot smother to drive power comes on nice now I'm running 14 psi of boost, fuel maps have been modified to suit, all in all a lot nicer to drive, thank you very much Steve :)

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
got mine done today as well...
+100000000 for anybody wanting a tune from Steve...highly recommended..no need to say anymore...get it and you will know what I mean..good to meet Phil and Karnik as well...

Karnik

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
KC
Drive
2001 VR4 Type S
Magic work done by Steve on our cars. As aamir said highly recommend Steve. thanks for the time and effort and your expertise Steve the car runs like a dream.

full credit to you

cheers KC

Top Bottom