Tune by Steve - Sydney

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
And there is a source close to home here Tom ;)

Are you referring to yourself??? Or do you mean SKR lol. I've got some maintenance things to have happen first but I get the feeling that getting into SKR will be a pain in the butt.

Anyway that's off-topic. Do you guys have aftermarket cats? Or still your compliance cats?

Karnik

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
KC
Drive
2001 VR4 Type S
I was running 600X240X76 autobahn88 cooler. Need to put my larger intercooler on and get me some hard pipes.

Tom i'm running 4 " Outlaw highflow cat,

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Both zach and aamir are only running 14psi at peak power.... Their other numbers are peak boost

Ballin' :D
Edit* am running hdi cooler. Hugely recommended!
And I have no idea what cat I'm running.. Had a look on the hoist at work and it seems to not be the compliance cat though...
Hard pipes are next on the list....which also includes brembos recaros coilovers and some nice wheels....damnit the list never ends!

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
Hi all, mine finally made 165kW @ 14psi, started with 122kw, as Steve said mine was the worst tune he had ever seen, after he wielded his magic the car is fantastic to drive, power comes on nice & smooth very quick on the roll on when passing someone, anyway I'm running a stock intercooler with hard pipes & full HKS exhaust, don't know what the cat is, all in all very happy with the tune totally recommend Steve if you need a tune :) :)

Bigger intercooler on the shopping list now

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Those of you making borderline 200awkw, have you done your turbo to cat (aka front)pipes?

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Nice, who by?

I'm organising a Qld Shtiv-tune day and assessing if dyno time would be best, how long did you hire the dyno for to get 4 cars done?

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Lollll. The whole day...and then some. Yep I've got rpw front pipes and fujitsubo legalis cat back

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Nice, who by?

I'm organising a Qld Shtiv-tune day and assessing if dyno time would be best, how long did you hire the dyno for to get 4 cars done?

Got mine done from castle hill exhausts...but for the price i paid I would have gotton what Zach has anyday..trusted brand and much lighter...
I think when you do it on a dyno its better and alot more safer..Steve happens to know the guy who owns the dyno so it was'nt that expensive...

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Looks like RPW front pipes it is then. Thanks Aamir. Did you guys remove the restrictor on the factory bleed solenoid?

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Looks like RPW front pipes it is then. Thanks Aamir. Did you guys remove the restrictor on the factory bleed solenoid?
I would stay away from RPW pipes, everyone has to get them modified to sit higher so they don't scrape, by the time you buys pipes and have them fixed, you could of bought custom made.

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Yep you will be fine...I'm on gab shocks and springs 1" lower than factory and have only ever scraped once on a completely outrageously high speed hump. But yes if you plan to go much lower you will be worrying over every bump

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
We took about 10.5 hours of dyno time, it could have been less but not much.... Remember you have to get cars on and off the dyno plus moving logging gear from one car to the next, it all just plugs in but to measure rpm, manifold pressure, exhaust ratios plus hooking up the cable to the diagnostic port takes another 20 mins. You should probably allow up to 3 hours per car though as there were no problems with these cars at all.... Unless you can get a super good rate like I do here then it's gonna be pretty expensive. Even at $100/hr thats $200-300 extra per car. I found doing it at night was better where we were in qld as there was less traffic.... Last time in qld we tuned 3.5cars in 23 hours on the doust day due to car issues, i'd hate to pay that dyno bill! It could be done but honestly wed be better getting a dyno the sunday with cars being half done on the saturday first....

Top Bottom