VR4 Workshop Manual

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Ahhh farkit, may as well put my money where my mouth is, huh? - requested two copies now :) I consider getting this for less than $200 a bargain! And I'm sure having a spare copy in Perth won't go to waste ;)

40!

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
hmm...it might be a hardcopy because they are posting it, but you never know, everything is finding it's way onto cd's these days, lol

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
No Paul, no reply as yet. Even if they only do hardcopy I'll just scan the damn thing and convert it to PDF and upload it eventually anyway :)

chriso

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Chris
Drive
Mitsubishi Challenger Nissan Elgrand
Thank you for requesting the workshop/repair manual.
Once we have a sufficient number of request we will translate the manual. Please keep an eye on the request counter and await our email to confirm your request...... cool im down for one

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Update: Michael McCarthy got back to me today. They will only produce a hardcopy, which is what I expected. Never fear, for those who need / want the convenience of a PDF version I'll get one organised once I get it :)

28!!

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Trev, I'm not sure if you have read the first post about this topic on clubvr4 or not but quite a few people have registered quite a few times just to get the numbers up before they realised that all 150 people would need to pay a deposit..

You might be waiting quite a while on this one man sorry.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Am I the only one who wants one of these or something? Given the hundreds (thousands?) who own 8th gen VR4's on ClubVR4 and the growing numbers on this forum, I would have thought 150 people would be relatively simple... Hell I'd be prepared to buy TEN if it would make a significant difference and sell them to other OzVR4 members down the track... But that's not gonna help much if other people aren't that interested. I don't happen to have $15k lying around to sink into this on my own sadly :(

G

Unregistered
I think the thing is that whilst there are a lot of owners out there in UK, NZ and Oz, many people still buy these cars solely to drive them - no spannering desired. If this was an old Ford or Austin club, then I too would be very surprised with the low takeup - getting your hands dirty with one of those kind of cars is part and parcel. But personally I think we're doing well on this. In around a month we've got some 70/80% of the numbers we need, so we'll get there.:)

G

Unregistered
I think the thing is that whilst there are a lot of owners out there in UK, NZ and Oz, many people still buy these cars solely to drive them - no spannering desired. If this was an old Ford or Austin club, then I too would be very surprised with the low takeup - getting your hands dirty with one of those kind of cars is part and parcel. But personally I think we're doing well on this. In around a month we've got some 70/80% of the numbers we need, so we'll get there.:)

I agree with Kieran there are a lot of members who let the garage do all the work rather than do it themselves. I signed up when this was first mentioned as i have so far never had to use a garage since I started driving but not everbody is confident to work on these cars.

GavDaniels

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin Daniels
Drive
2006 Mercedes Benz ML320CDI

Previously Owned
1997 Legnum VR-4 Type S
2000 Galant VR-4 Type V (Race Car) (regretful sale)
Hey Guys,

I just registered for a second copy, 1 to have and use, 1 to split and scan.
According to their site, I was number 125 to register, so there is not that far to go.

Regards
Gavin

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yea I guess I just expect that for a car like this that's mostly been a JDM most of the people with them would be enthusiasts... and most enthusiasts are at least hands-on enough to do a certain amount of the work and tinkering themselves. Personally I find it invaluable to have a workshop manual for ANY car I own, but then I'm never scared to do things for myself.

Oh well, with a bit of luck enough people will pony up and we'll get this thing moving. Down to 10 remaining, but then we'll probably have to get even more on-board before we get enough deposits for it to go ahead.

Thanks for ordering a second one, Gav :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Of COURSE I bloody-well am, Steve! :p

Besides, since I started actively carrying on about this a couple of times a day here and on ClubVR4 a few days ago, we've gotten almost 50 more expressions of interest, so hopefully by bumping the thread and drawing it to more people's attention we'll get the necessary numbers that much faster! :D On this particular topic I'm HAPPY to be a total post-whore! ;)

Just a few more to go, guys - if you haven't ordered a copy, what are you waiting for?! And if you have, why not order a second one? I'm sure it would make a fantastic gift as a coffee table book for a loved one this christmas! :D Besides, you know you HAVE to keep up with the cool-o-meter factor Gav and I have got going on here! ;) :p

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Has any one brought this to the attention of the various compliance workshops around Australia? Surely they would be interested in one??

Sik em' Trev!

Top Bottom