VR4 Workshop Manual

mattVR4NZ

Idling at the Lights
First Name
matthew
Drive
1997 mitsubishi legnum vr4 e-ec5w 6a13tt
I have just read this thread for the first time. Are there any of these manuals still for sale or has anyone got one to sell?

DO NOT TRY AND BUY ONE OFF JPNZ. I paid them the money and they did not respond to any of my contact luckily i paid via paypal as after 3 months i have my money back. I am in the process of slowly translating the japanese copy for my "library" i am happy to enail you the pdf once i have completed. It will not be 100% but it will have all the necessary translations for everything i need. Will only be doing set data and pages with pictures ans from what ive worked out the usdm manuals diagnostic pages are same. Let me know if you would like a copy . Be advised i DO NOT want any money i am doing this for my own car repair easability and correctness and am happy to pass on to anyone who would like it. It will not be finished this year as i am doing in my spare time which unfortunately is not alot. Estimate feb march next year. ☺

Don Muller

Glyndon
First Name
Donald
Drive
1996 Galant VR4 Gen 8
I have just received a Owner's manual for 1996 -2002 Galant / Legnum VR-4. It has been very well produced as it is the same as any other Jap car. Now I know how to work everything.
It's gold. Purchased from Sinergy Auto Sport, Adelaide. I received it by express post two days after ordering. Part number: FRO 214.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
DO NOT TRY AND BUY ONE OFF JPNZ. I paid them the money and they did not respond to any of my contact luckily i paid via paypal as after 3 months i have my money back. I am in the process of slowly translating the japanese copy for my "library" i am happy to enail you the pdf once i have completed. It will not be 100% but it will have all the necessary translations for everything i need. Will only be doing set data and pages with pictures ans from what ive worked out the usdm manuals diagnostic pages are same. Let me know if you would like a copy . Be advised i DO NOT want any money i am doing this for my own car repair easability and correctness and am happy to pass on to anyone who would like it. It will not be finished this year as i am doing in my spare time which unfortunately is not alot. Estimate feb march next year. ☺

I am interested in your project bud. I want a copy. let me know when you done with the project

Neomal

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Neomal
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
Hello everyone, The VR4 (variant of the 8th gen Galant) complete workshop manual is available at JPNZ for NZ$150. I got a set for myself. It comes in two volumes and is a translation of the Japanese workshop manual. It covers the 6A13TT engine and has the section for the twin turbo units.

Tony_T

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tony
Drive
Legnum VR-4 1997
@Neomal greetings fellow Hamiltonian, what part of our city are you in? I'm in the top end of Nawton in an area sometimes referred to by the posh sounding name of 'Grandview Estate'.
Post up an introduction in the 'introductions' thread so folks here get to see you.

Neomal

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Neomal
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
@Neomal greetings fellow Hamiltonian, what part of our city are you in? I'm in the top end of Nawton in an area sometimes referred to by the posh sounding name of 'Grandview Estate'.
Post up an introduction in the 'introductions' thread so folks here get to see you.

I'm in Huntington. WIll post an introduction :)

Neomal

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Neomal
Drive
1999 Galant VR4

Introduction posted as suggested :)

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
I found these manuals to be quite lacking when compared with the japanese manual.

I got given a copy from someone, so at least didnt pay for it them.

The japanese pdf has everything, just need to use google translate or learn the read japanese. I also complement the japanese manual with the Magna factory manual as an AWD magna/diamante uses the same diagrams and text but in english.

Also worth noting, these dont contain wiring diagrams.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
I found these manuals to be quite lacking when compared with the japanese manual.

I got given a copy from someone, so at least didnt pay for it them.

The japanese pdf has everything, just need to use google translate or learn the read japanese. I also complement the japanese manual with the Magna factory manual as an AWD magna/diamante uses the same diagrams and text but in english.

Also worth noting, these dont contain wiring diagrams.

Agreed, I have flicked through one of these and the Japanese manuals are infinitely better and the text is so basic that translator works fine.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
it was over 5-6 years ago... might have had wiring diagrams but they mustn't have been good for me to get rid of them.

Keen to hear if maybe they've improved since.

professor_jonny

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jonathan
Drive
Mitisuibishi 1998 RVR X3 auto rallysport
I'm sort of wondering about translation as I have just purchased 1999-10 part set of mitsi rvr service manuals ( at a reasonable cost )from yahoo japan using buyee.jp service.
I got a quote at $45 nzd per page by a translation company in nz, it would work out to be like $45,000 to translate the 4 manuals I have (body, electrical, engine and maintenance) then there is the supplements for later cars from 99-2003 and the 1997-1999 set also (that I was thinking to purchase also) a total of 8 I could get to have all 12 manulas.

Can I scan them to document In japan characters and use google translate or something? The price is just wild.

Any way I was planning to scan and post online as ther are not on the net to be found as pdf versions ard are ultra rare.

The vehicle was only exported to one country so I do have a pick of Russian or japan and the former Russian manuals I could not buy because of the sanctions currently.

Sample below of electrical.
Screenshot_20220507-055737_Edge.jpg

Last edited:

Zecuel

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Lauri
Drive
Legnum VR-4 Type-S
You could take pictures or scan the pages and use something like this to translate the pages:

It's a bit hit or miss on the accuracy of translations but should give you at least an idea. Worked well enough to translate some japanese instructions I had for Tein coilovers :)

professor_jonny

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jonathan
Drive
Mitisuibishi 1998 RVR X3 auto rallysport
I don't mind cleaning it up I expect I will have to hand edit it.

I'm just wondering on something like google docs where people could at will login and edit or if there was such a service or Web site that has some sort of setup like that?

Top Bottom