2000 Legnum VR4 type S 4SALE!
ok thanks! good luck at getting your money back

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
You guys should do one of those group action court cases, demand they finish the manual PROPERLY and they pay you for wasted time and court fees.

sickvr4

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
I received my manual quite unexpectedly. I havent had any time to look through it, but with things missing like they are its just not good enough, and im feeling pretty ripped off also. I have a mate who lives in Japan who might be able to Translate some of the stuff thats missing, wether or not he's interested is another thing. How much missing are we talking here?

EVR4

Crunching Gears
First Name
J-D
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer
^ Same I emailed them a couple weeks ago to get a refund and ended up receiving in the mail instead.

Basically its missing about half the the electrical diagrams. Which is one of the 3 reasons I bought it. overall it missing 20-30% of the VR4 stuff little disappointing for a year wait and 80ish USD >:|

G

Unregistered
i haven't read this forum back to front...
but i was wondering, wouldnt the Americans have been given a user handbook for their Left Hand Drive VR4s? i mean, obviously if they have LHD models made specifically for them, their VR4s would have been traded through production, not grey imports, right?
if that is the case, why bother nagging Japanese people to translate the manual for us, when we can obtain one from the States?

G

Unregistered
The 6A13TT was never available in the Galant in States and they didn't have the VR4 either

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
What Pete said ^^

These VR-4's with the 6A13TT were only sold in Japan, NZ and UK new.

G

Unregistered
So what did the UK and NZ guys do for a translated version of the manual then?

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
I have the US non-turbo galant manual (its 114mb so not sure if the forum will let it be uploaded), can email it to you if you PM me your email, or if someone knows a easy online storage i can use..

I heard that the JPNZ manual was pretty bad anyway, remember reading somewhere that it seemed they had just google translated whole sections of it!

Roy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roy Repas
Drive
EC5W 99 and 98 (twin FLs), EC5A 96, E39A 89
hey none of these threads work... anybody still have the workshop manual please???? my speedo is not working and I am trying to figure out why...

lolohks

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Oliv
Drive
Galant VR4 Ec5a
Hi all. I'm answering on this thread, no need to create a new one on the same topic I think ;) I'm looking for the workshop manual. In fact, I need some information on it. Is anyone have it in PDF (a link, in zip, rar ...) ?
I need the weight of the vehicule because I'm in contact with Mitsubishi France to have more information on the registration of this kind of car, and they need a formular with the total weight, the max gross vehicule weight, the max axle weight rating front/rating rear.

Thanks in advance team ;)

fubar

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nathan
Drive
Galant VR4, 4Runner, Jaguar MkII, Jaguar XJR
Bamboula, the workshop manual for VR4's only exists in Japanese, but for a lot of the basics we use the USDM version that covers the majority of basics, which is found here.

Again search is your friend, + take a bit of time to familiarise yourself with our site and most of your questions will be self answered !

lolohks

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Oliv
Drive
Galant VR4 Ec5a
Bamboula, the workshop manual for VR4's only exists in Japanese, but for a lot of the basics we use the USDM version that covers the majority of basics, which is found here.

Again search is your friend, + take a bit of time to familiarise yourself with our site and most of your questions will be self answered !

Thanks Nathan, Helpfull. Unfortunately (but maybe you're true), I didn't find the information that I search, that is to say the manufacturer weight. I know it's in the workshop manual ;)
I want to buy the car and import it in France, but first, I'm checking if it's possible (and not too hard) to register a Galant VR4 in France. Mitsubishi FR asked me the total weight, the max gross vehicule weight, the max axle weight rating front/rating rear ... Then, they could tell me if it's possible ... Unfortunately, the link that you sent me is just for premium member ....
I would like to become one of them, but first, I need to know if I can become a Galant VR4 owner XD

fubar

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Nathan
Drive
Galant VR4, 4Runner, Jaguar MkII, Jaguar XJR
Sorry about the unreachable link, because of the membership requirements, but atleast you know the answers are here should you choose to get a VR4

I just searched "weight" and this should give you the answers....(here)

(here is a cut and paste of the answer your after, should you be unable to access the weights thread)(also be awere that the weight will vary marginally depending on the spec of the VR4, as a general rule Type S VR4's are the heaviest VR4's.)

My VR-4's corner weights:

391 462 FL FR
343 342 RL RR
1538kg total
And now with me in it:
395 496
353 371
1615kg total

This was with about 50 litres of fuel - a full tank minus 100km of driving, no spare, small battery in the boot, brembos, washer bottle full, evo 9 wheels with 235/45/17 wheels

Galant Auto Type S 1520kg
Galant Auto Type V 1500kg
Galant MT Series 1 AYC 1480kg
Galant MT Type V 1460kg

Legnum Auto Type S 1570kg
Legnum Auto Type V 1550kg
Legnum MT Type S 1530kg

Therefore:
Galant -> Legnum = 50kg
non AYC -> AYC = 20kg
Manual -> Auto = 40kg (but much more in real life)

All the best with your quest !!

Grey_Ghost

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
1997 Trigger PFL Manual Legnum.
There's also been several VR4s registered in Germany. They should have the data required.

Don Muller

Glyndon
First Name
Donald
Drive
1996 Galant VR4 Gen 8
This is a link to the Workshop Manual for the non-turbo 6A13, the 4G63 and the 4D68 engines. There are many similarities between the NA 6A13 and our VR4's.

So why don't we have an actual VR4 Workshop Manual? Put simply, an English version of the 6A13TT manual was never released by Mitsubishi, although you can download the original Japanese manual from here.

A company called JPNZ are developing an English translation that we'll be able to buy for just NZ$99. They've collected deposits from those who have already registered their interest and are in the process of translating the manual into English (which is expected to take until the end of August, at this stage) - please read through this thread for details and go here to purchase one.

Please note that once the translation has been completed and the first 150 orders have been fully paid for, the price of these manuals will rise to NZ$150.
I have just read this thread for the first time. Are there any of these manuals still for sale or has anyone got one to sell?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I have just read this thread for the first time. Are there any of these manuals still for sale or has anyone got one to sell?

The company doing those translations stuffed us around and the result was never usable. The links in the quote below are what we've got, and most of us find them useful:

Top Bottom