Wheel Offsets - the "will this wheel fit" thread

Tyme

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Tim
Drive
99 VR4 Galant (Manual, FL)
I'm sold on a 6-spoke look; looking at Rota Grid and Grid R's currently. R's only start at 17x9 or 18x9.5, so I think they're out though.
The normal Grid's come in 18x8.5 however, but not in +35 to +38... Closest is +30, or a +42.

My question is: if I run a 235 tyre with a 18x8.5 +30 wheel, will I run into any issues?

rbrtpalin

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Robert
Drive
VR-4 Galant 1996 Model
Hmmm hard to tell. Any photos for reference?
I had 19 x 8, 35 offset and they were fine. If you have Brembos need to make sure they Clear.

Tyme

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Tim
Drive

Tyme

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Tim
Drive
Another guy here - https://www.clubvr4.com/forum/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=163
Running Volk TE37 19x8.5 with 235/35/R19 tyres with both Evo 10 (front) and 6 (rear) Brembo calipers. So looks like they'll clear on a 19.

I've sent him a message, want to know what offset he's running, and what he had to do to get such a big wheel to fit. Possibly the low profile?

Richard__

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Richard
Drive
1997 Legnum VR-4
2017 Subaru BRZ
2001 Audi S4 - SOLD
2010 Chevy Cobalt SS - SOLD
1990 Chevy C/K 350 - SOLD
1998 Eclipse GS-T - SOLD
Working on getting Enkei NT03 18x9.5 +40 to fit. The rear needs a 5mm spacer to clear the knuckle, and will have to get fenders rolled, maybe slight pull. Will post pictures when it's done

J_banger

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Jason
Drive
97 Legnum vr4

Tyme

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Tim
Drive
Hey man,

I have the Grid R’s in 18x8.5 +32 and they clear brembos fine :)

Absolute life saver man!
Been doing so much googling trying to find a clear answer that's not just anecdotal :)!

Just 2 questions if that alright, man?

What size tyres are you running? Any scrubbing issues you had to fix?

And...

How did you find: 18x8.5 +32s? According to every dealer, and the Rota AU site - they only come in 18x8.5 +30...
https://www.rotawheels.com.au/wheels/rota-grid

Cheers again!

djhi

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
djhi
Drive
1997 vr4 legnum
would evo8 rims on Bridgestone Potenza RE003 245/45R17 99W XL fit my PFL with super low springs??

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
would evo8 rims on Bridgestone Potenza RE003 245/45R17 99W XL fit my PFL with super low springs??
You will probably get a slight rub on the inner suspension
Even 235/45/17’s are a tight fit

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
Not really its the upper arms from memory that’s the issue. It’s not the actual springs that it rubs on.

Richard__

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Richard
Drive
1997 Legnum VR-4
2017 Subaru BRZ
2001 Audi S4 - SOLD
2010 Chevy Cobalt SS - SOLD
1990 Chevy C/K 350 - SOLD
1998 Eclipse GS-T - SOLD
would it be possiable to run the 245's with like a spacer? or am i grasping at straws lol

I think you could do it with rolled guards and a 5mm spacer, this will give you some poke I'm sure. But as Gav mentioned, 235's will probably be the sweet spot in my opinion.

djhi

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
djhi
Drive
1997 vr4 legnum
I think you could do it with rolled guards and a 5mm spacer, this will give you some poke I'm sure. But as Gav mentioned, 235's will probably be the sweet spot in my opinion.
where can i get 5mm spacers from for our cars? i think i might risk it and try and if they dont fit ill have to try sell the tyres as the seller wont seperate them for sale :(

Top Bottom