Wheel Offsets - the "will this wheel fit" thread

djhi

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
djhi
Drive
1997 vr4 legnum
cheers heaps guys think im going ahead with them :) if the seller will get back to me now lol

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Anyone tried something like this?
They are 2mm more offset than the guide on the front page... They are off an evo so at least brembos aren't a concern

Screenshot_20170826-203556.png

Legnooms

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Tim
Drive
1998 Legnum Type-S VR4
2004 Ford Territory 4 sp Dual fuel
2006 Ford Territory 6 sp Dual fuel
Trying to increase the ground clearance and reduce the rim size for less road noise. What would be the biggest tyres to get the most ground clearance without rubbing/modifying to fit a FL legnum with 15/16 or 17 rims? Currently on 215/45/r17 Sorry I don't really know a lot about wheels/tyres

Legnooms

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Tim
Drive
1998 Legnum Type-S VR4
So stock is the largest size that will fit with the purposes of increasing ground clearance in mind?

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
So stock is the largest size that will fit with the purposes of increasing ground clearance in mind?
you might be able to go a 55 or 60 profile tyre. but it may handle like crap and also put your speedo out

Legnooms

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Tim
Drive
1998 Legnum Type-S VR4
Okay thanks Gav I shall check out the stock specs

ShadowofaDoubt

Resident Tyre Fitter
First Name
Lindsey
Drive
'13 Triton TUBRO DIESEL
'98 VR4 Galant - Currently rebuilding
Hmmm, going by this, 17x9 +25 will mince on guards, unless I'm running mexiflush levels of camber, and 17x9 +38 might be a little too far in. Any experience with above spec?

I was hoping for a 9" so I can neatly run 245/40R17's, but it looks like I'll need to stick with 17x8 +32, and 235/45R17

ShadowofaDoubt

Resident Tyre Fitter
First Name
Lindsey
Drive
'13 Triton TUBRO DIESEL
Yeah, I have Evo 7 wheels already, 17x8 +38. They're a little sunken into the guards, but not 26mm worth. (17x9 +25) And the other size (17x9+38) I think would clear the fenders, but I'm not sure if there's another 13mm of clearance inside. I know the 17x8 +32 should fit perfect though.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
+38 is stock Evo offset. They clear with no issues at all.
Most Evo wheels are 17x8, and the X's are 18x8.5 with the same offset.
He's not talking about clearing, he want them to sit properly with the guards.

How low is your car and what guard work have you currently got? If your car isn't and won't be mega low, +38 will be perfect. +25 will look awesome, but be prepared to do a bit of guard work and have your car almost undriveably low.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
He's not talking about clearing, he want them to sit properly with the guards.

How low is your car and what guard work have you currently got? If your car isn't and won't be mega low, +38 will be perfect. +25 will look awesome, but be prepared to do a bit of guard work and have your car almost undriveably low.

It's my old black car, the guards are (were?) flat and pumped. The 245 would probably need a more conservative offset then 25

ShadowofaDoubt

Resident Tyre Fitter
First Name
Lindsey
Drive
'13 Triton TUBRO DIESEL
Yeah, they still are, other then the brand new second hand RHF guard, but I've got a roller, I can get it flat no problem. That's exactly what I thought with the +25. I wish the Work Emotion M8R came in 17x9 +32(ish), I feel like that would probably be perfect.

Top Bottom