Wheel Offsets - the "will this wheel fit" thread

dennisdwiky

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dennis
Drive
1999 Legnum Vr4
17x8.5 +30 fit?
i know it says 17x8.5 +32 does, but not sure if the 2mm of difference in the offset will make it fit.. does that mean it will just have more poke?
will be running coils aswell, cheers

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Yep, means it will protrude 2mm more. Should still be flush with the guards though, especially with coilovers.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Looking forward to fitting my Advan RG 17x8.5 +31 as related to the above. ;-)

Have centre caps and lugs on order ... still deciding if I want to run them for a bit before getting them cleaned up and returned to as new condition.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
My rays 17x8.5 +30 fit perfect with a 245/45 tyre, need to roll the guards pretty good and trim the flares. But its the perfect fit IMO

Tas_Legnum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wade
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4 Type-S
20160307_175036.jpg
Yokohama AVS Model 6. 18x8 and 18x9 both +35. Fronts have a 5mm spacer and the rears have had the lips tucked a little on the guards. Nothing major. Tyres are 225/40 on front and 235/40 on rear.

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
would 18x9.5+38 clear the rear bananananana control arm? 235 or 245 tyres

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
I'm pretty sure it does.

Isn't that what, shit forgot his name, um one of the original NZ guys with the trigger Legnum ran no worries years and years ago?

Close as hell but serviceable..

+35 and it was real close

Bradc I think

Wellsy1212

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dean
Drive
Super Legnum
I picked up a set of Evo X Enkeis, 18x8.5. Tested them from and back without tyres and they clear without tyres, trying to figure out what tyres will fit on a Super Legnum - thinking 235/40? Any advice?

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
235/40R18 is a good size but you will get slight rubbing when low or bottoming the suspension. Rolling the rears recommended but if ride height isn't low it won't be an issue.

Wellsy1212

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dean
Drive
Super Legnum
235/40R18 is a good size but you will get slight rubbing when low or bottoming the suspension. Rolling the rears recommended but if ride height isn't low it won't be an issue.
Cheers mate - so that should clear the banana arm? I've got stock suspension in there, was still going to get the guards rolled and flared a little.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I have had 2 sets on evo x gsr rims (18x8.5 +35) on my super VR4 Legnum. I went through a set of 225/40, 2 sets of 235/40 and a short stint on 245/40. Even after rolling the rears of the Legnum, 245 had slight rubbing with a big load in the back but with very low suspension no issue in my Galant.

All definitely clear the inner suspension.

dennisdwiky

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dennis
Drive
1999 Legnum Vr4
18x8.5 +32
Looking at above ^^ does it mean it should tuck in nicely with the right size tyre? Still trying to figure out what wheels to get for it and such, someone help me out?

Top Bottom