1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
front 18X8+32
rear 18X9 +38

any luck with these fitting on a low FL?

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
So that staggered front and rear setup should look good and actually fit right?

Yeah it'll have 235 all around

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
done... and done (just a sample of what it'll look like, because these arent the tyres i'll be using and the springs hadnt settled yet since jacking it up)

2vd64bGl.jpg

Rays Volk Challenge (forged and pretty damn light!)
front 18X8+32 (225)
rear 18X9 +38 (255!!!)

i only put them on for a test fit, the rear tyres are massive. i'll have the tyres removed, clean the wheels and fit my 235s

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
Hi guys, I tried to find something for my problem but I couldnt find anything :/ any way, anyone know if wheel 19/9,5 will fit Legnum? Im worrying about knuckle, I know that 18s will fit but 19s? And about offset, I can get any from +15 to +46 so that not a problem... Cheers guys

BR1JZL

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Brian
Drive
EC5A VR-4 Galant
You shouldn't be running different width rims/tyres on an awd setup.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Different wheels and tyres are fine. It's a myth that was busted many years ago but people keep spewing it back up.

19s will fit, but it will be a squeeze. You'll need to use 35 profile tyres. The problem will be if they only come in 9.5" width. You'd have to have a offset between 25-35, but they're going to stick out without some serious guard work and lowering.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
I don't really have time to go digging, but if you dig far enough on this forum there was discussion and testing about 3-4 years ago. It had no bearing on the awd system or transfer case. Many of us have run staggered wheels for a while with no issues, myself included.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Staggered wheels are fine provided the rolling circumference of front and rear wheels is within a very small percentage. Excessive speed difference between the front and rear will give the VC a hard time.

kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
does anyone know the standard rim size and offset for a legnum type S?

cheers

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
Staggered wheels are fine provided the rolling circumference of front and rear wheels is within a very small percentage. Excessive speed difference between the front and rear will give the VC a hard time.

Im just wondering how big is "very small procentage"? I mean lees than 5% or smaller?

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I had the opportunity to briefly attempt 225/45R17 on the front and 245/45R17 on the rear. The tyre calculators estimate a 2.7% difference and I can say that at highway speeds things felt very wobbly for some reason. Either full set of 225 or 245 wheels on their own did not exhibit that problem so I know it wasn't alignment or balancing issues.

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
I have 225/40 16 on front and 225/45 16 on rear and its 3,7% difference and Im not feeling anything wrong, all systems work good, ayc as well but you think I should change it any way?

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
I'm not sure what the acceptable percentage difference is but personally I wouldnt have any difference if it can be avoided.
I think there can be something like 1-1.5% difference in rolling circumference m just between a bald set of tyres and a new set so thats what Id personally stick to as a maximum. However if you have that difference already and then have unevenly worn tyres it could either cancel out the speed difference or double it depending on what axle had the worn tyres.

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
New ones are on front axle, on rear one have tyres with 15-20k km. Im trying to find two new ones 225/40r16 but all shops are out of stock :/

Top Bottom