Wheel Offsets - the "will this wheel fit" thread

Quintenperren

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Quinten Perren
Drive
Legnum
So, going back inside the guard might assist in NOT having to roll guards?

The issue is... does it look dicky having a lot of gap?

I think a drip to the panel beaters is worth a better fitment.

Anyone out there with a pair of 18x9s with +25/30 offset??
Look at the first page of this thread :)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Advan Kreuzer Series V.jpg

So I have finally repaired/powdercoated these (Dulux Kinetic Grey, if people were curious) and am torn between mounting them or selling them.

The final roll of the dice is with the knowledgeable people on here.

17x9 +38 Yokohama Advan Kreuzer Series V wheels , 8.5kg each. I have the wheel hub rings that fit the 73.1mm OD of these rims to suit the 67.1mm for Mitsubishis.

Of course the issue is inner clearance on stock height.

I currently have EVO 7 OEM wheels (17x8 +38 shod with 235/45R17 tyres) and I can just get a finger-gap or less between the inner tyre edge and the suspension arms.

So will 235/45R17 fit or will I have to stretch 225/45R17 or go the pricier/lower profile route of 235/40R17.

If the answer is "No" (since "Loki" does see four-adults-as-passengers regularly and may roll the rear guards), then these will be up for sale.

I really love the look and lightness of these. Probably more at-home with an NSX and best for showing off how under-sized stock VR-4 Legnum brakes are!

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Here they are as a test-fit (@unclepaulie will know these pics well!) with original 245/45 R17 Dunlop Direzzas fitted.

No chance as you can see with that setup. Don't worry, Loki is all fixed up, these are when I first got the wheels about two years ago.

So the word is 225/45 R17 or 235/40 R17 then?

Kreuzer1.jpg
Kreuzer2.jpg
Kreuzer3.jpg

The_Giefster

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
Evo 5 + Motorbike
225/45/17 will have some stretch on it. Best to stick with 235/45/17 and either add more camber or massage the guards.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
No you're stuffed unless you go smaller diameter or narrower width tyre. Personally i wouldn't go even 235 on a 9. 235 is perfect on an 8 from a handling perspective. So space them out about 12mm (which again is not desirable) to make them sit where evo rims do, accept smaller diameter tyres or move em on. Shame though cos they look nice. Go smaller dia ;)

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1998 Legnum VR4 5 spd Manual
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
Project - Datsun 1600 Turbo rotary conv.
Ok. So after talking to the guys at autotechnik, I'll probably end up ordering a set of Enkei RPF1s at 18x9 with +35.

I am still struggling to find some halfway decent shots of what that looks/sits like on car but... should be fine. There are some links to images on the first page (that dont work) and probably some through the 104 other pages... hard to find apparently.

Anyway. Should be good.

On the off chance, anyone with photos of the PFL with the above mentioned fitment have pics..? Chuck them up for me maybe??

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
I think the current offset and size JUST isnt working the way it is meant to.

Didn't measure them off but it is an 225/40/18 tire and an estimate of wheel size is at least 9". Seems bigger though.

20150524_163042.jpg

20150524_163028.jpg

20150524_163232.jpg

I cannot wait to get me a new set!!!

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
I have a set of SSR GTV02s coming from Japan (^_^)
ssr_gtv02_Black.jpg

Should be awesome!!

18 x 8.5 @ +30 off

Should be a HEAP more friendly than what was on mine originally.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Very nice. What kind of price should we expect to pay for these? (ballpark)

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
1300 plus freight i think... that was the estimate for 9" wides anyway... I can let you know when i get the official invoice.

ImAnAmerican

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Aviance
Drive
2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES
Hello people, I'm new here, but I do have a quick question:

I might be grabbing a cheap set of wheels ($150 USD). 18x9 +38 in the front and 18x10 +42 in the back. Will these fit on stock suspension? And if so, what size tires should I go with? How much of a difference should I expect since I'm USDM, if any?

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Fronts should be ok. The rears probably won't be. Neither will fit with stock suspension.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
sign up to The Galant Centre or Galant Tuners, theyre american galant sites with heaps of info.

those sizes wont fit with standard guards and suspension

ImAnAmerican

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Aviance
Drive
2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES
Thanks for the info. That sucks. I kind of wanted an aggressive stance for my car...but alas. So much for Mustang Bullitt wheels.

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
I have quick question what rims size will be the best for Leggy Type-S (with flares):

1. 18x8.5 +33
2. 18x9.5 +38
3. 18x9.5 +22

I know for sure that both 9.5 will clear brembo but Im not sure about first one, I think that they should as well but I dont have any conformation, I want to do aggressive fitment (the best evenly with guards, not sticking out), I will roll guards and lower car. I dont know if tyre change anything but Im thinking about 235/40 all around.

Cheers guys :)

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
This question has likely been asked a dozen times within this and other threads but as it is a time sensitive issue for me at the moment (my wheels are ready to fit up), I'd love to know what the torque settings are for our rigs?? 1998 PFL if that makes a difference.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Wheel nuts? It depends more on the design of the nuts and the wheels than the make of the car... pretty sure your mechanic will be able to apply some knowledge.

Top Bottom