Wheel Offsets - the "will this wheel fit" thread

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Victor - what's wrong with the wheels on your car? I surely can't imagine that you would want to change the white 6 spokes for VRX alloys surely?

If worse comes to worse you could probably come to my place and try one on your car off my SP23 if you wanted......

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
ausaysno1af8.jpg

big vik VR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Victor
Drive
mazda SP20, wanting a Galant
Victor - what's wrong with the wheels on your car? I surely can't imagine that you would want to change the white 6 spokes for VRX alloys surely?

If worse comes to worse you could probably come to my place and try one on your car off my SP23 if you wanted......

cheers, if the time comes and I'm still somewhat keen on those rims i'll cash in on that offer ;)

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
SA: put it under flush or less then flush?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
SA: put it under flush or less then flush?

Depends on ride height (with the resultant induced camber). They'd sit 9mm further in than my wheels. And I'm not 100% happy with my fitment at the rear, could come out another 5-10mm. 8" +34 is well under "flush" in my opinion if you're running at a lowered ride height.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Agreed with that, Tim.

I'm still yet to do the rear camber fix, that should give the 5-10mm required. They tuck way too much at the rear. I'm just too slack to fix it.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
^^^ its really easier than u think. i did mine the afternoon before AJP this year. it was pissing down with rain and couldnt be bothered. but went for a look at bunnings, they had all the high tensile bolts i needed. $20 and an hour later had it all fixed up. luckily the wishbone suspension is much eaiser to work with than the typical nissan strut.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Calling all wheel and offset gurus.

How will this look on a Series 2 Galant Type V, which has no flares:

17 x 8 +30.

Yes, the wheel width will be appropriately engineered to ensure legality.

G

Unregistered
evo x wheels are 18" not 17"
have fixed up the first post

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
bruce, i think 8 is ok, 8.5 or 9 would be better, but if your tryin to keep it legal then thats understandable

bassically with a 8 +30 wheel,

4.04cm increase in width outwards and 1.04cm inwards so i will be kinda flush, +25 would be more desirable i think, but 30 can work

Carsten, woops, my bad, thanks

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Cheers Paul.

Yes, I'm trying to avoid any defects, unwanted attention or insurance hassles.

Will see how I go with the Ebay auction!

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
I'll report back if I'm successful with the auction. Otherwise, we'll all be getting excited over nothing ;)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
8 +30 is OK at the front and a little crappy at the back unless you do camber correction. +25 would be ideal. I'd run a 225/40 or smaller.

LOL @ engineering your wheels.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Ok... I think the following wheels will be fine, but thought I should check.

8J - 17 +35 for the Fronts, 9J-17 +38 for the rears 114.3-5stud

I was also looking at putting on Kuhmo 235/45/17 KU36's

The car is lowered (unknown amount), so am keen to get some opinions before I buy them from Japan. Also, if the yahoo auction finishes tomorrow, what options do I have to get someone to buy them? Jesse Streeter and any others?

Thanks in advance.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Ok... I think the following wheels will be fine, but thought I should check.

8J - 17 +35 for the Fronts, 9J-17 +38 for the rears 114.3-5stud

I was also looking at putting on Kuhmo 235/45/17 KU36's

The car is lowered (unknown amount), so am keen to get some opinions before I buy them from Japan. Also, if the yahoo auction finishes tomorrow, what options do I have to get someone to buy them? Jesse Streeter and any others?

Thanks in advance.
way too weak for a 33. should be going 9's and 10's, especially if ordering some from japan. otherwise if u really want a 8/9 combo, go at least a +30 offset front and rear. or closer to +20 if u can.

Top Bottom