Would appreciate some feedback and or inspiration for a change in my wheel color

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
All done finally. NEVER AGAIN
Dirty ass rim after a long drive in the rain to the Dyno day (Thanks Matt for the pic)
DSCF3923.JPG

Again, not a very good iPhone pic and in the rain. More to come in the sun next time.
photo.JPG

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
it looks nice..

question though.. did you have clear coat on it? I think if you do spray clear coat on it.. it'll make your cleaning easier..

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
At least one to 1.5 whole cans of clear per rim. More or less at least 3 coats.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Tim, at first i didn't like the fuel filler cap but it is somewhat like a wart on your hand - You know its ugly, and you can get it removed, but you just couldn't be bothered and learn to love it. Hypothetically speaking of course.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
i like it, its CF...im such a carbon fan boy

well...it looks like carbon fibre at least. which reminds me, i need to buy more vinyl and wrap my door pillars

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
It is just the CF sheet that you get. Not unlike what you put on your dash Paul.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
OK, new adventure time.

I have a set of E8 Enkei's that i am going to get powder coated this time (Just have no where near enough time to try and paint them)

The rims will be sandblasted prior and the gutter rash that is currently on them repaired. I want these in perfect nick.

Now, i have sort of settled on a couple of colors. I had the powder coating mob hat i am going to use, do me up a couple of samples. I also am going to go a clear over the top to give the powder its best chance of depth.

Below are he pics of the two colors. First is a Dulux Precious Metropolis Pearl:
002.JPG

003.JPG

001.JPG

004.JPG

Second color is a bit of a custom. It is a mix of Precious Bronze Pearl and Black Metallic. I am leaning towards this one:
005.JPG

006.JPG

009.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

012.JPG

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
number two.

and trev, i think we need to put a lip on your front bar, you could leave it black or colour code it white. can you spare $60 lol

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Neither of those colors gets me very excited, but I like the first one better. I would go white or black, but I am boring :p

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Yep. Stock E8's.

Chris, I just don't want black or white. I want to be different.

Paul, I would love the lip. But it would last one day. If you saw my driveway, you would understand.

These will be done by Xmas. Can't wait really.

I wanted HDBC but the powder needs to imported from the US and costs like 250 min. Then I have to get clear then actually get them done. Would cost at least 500.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Damn, I wish I had been able to get colour swatches that big to test against my car! When I got my wheels done all I had were little thumbnail sized cards lol

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Cannot wait till tomorrow!!

Sneak peak before the KU31 235's get strapped on and i chuck some new shoes on the Leggie...
w 033.JPG

w 034.JPG

w 036.JPG

w 039.JPG

w 037.JPG

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
quote ricky bobby "i wanna share something personal, i got a chubby! this is the best time of my life"

lol but they look mad trev. nice colour choice

Top Bottom