100,000km Service - WA Workshops

jimslick

Crunching Gears
First Name
jim
Drive
99 vr4
Yeah I'm hearing ya rosco. Just because it's an import the guys at performance shops just want to charge a premium... I can't see it being any different from a magna... Also I had a chat to the guys at over boost about the belt swap and he mentioned that he had the program from RPW for tuning our stock computer. So he said they're just getting.a 4wd dyne put in so that could help some people.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
For labor or parts, we need specifics? :)

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Mits Fix is a sponsor on the Magna Forums (and one of the admins) so he is reputable.

I sourced my parts from ralliart nzd

For comparison, when I got mine (February):

Timing Belt: $170
Tensioner: $138
Camshaft Seals: $7 x 4
Crankshaft Front Seal: $6
Timing Belt Tensioner Pulley: $43
Timing Belt Idler: $52
Alternator Belt: $50
Water Pump: $300

For comparison to the Mits Fix kit, same set of parts would be $299 NZD = $238 AUD + shipping approx $40 nzd = $32 aud so $270 AUD total including shipping.. mits fix is $315. And the ralliart parts were all OEM. Mits fix are not.

Additional prices:
- Power Steering Belt: $24
- Oil Filter: $15
- Rear Crank Seal: $32

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Meek sell water pump for $99 AUD + shipping.. i had planned to get an oem one as it was $220 aud at the time ($240 now) to add without extra shipping and peace of mind of being OEM

in the end i bought an aftermarket one of someone that had it in excess for $90.

Rosco

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ross
Drive
96 Legnum vr4 Triptronic
in the end i bought an aftermarket one of someone that had it in excess for $90.

HELLO!

Just looked through my statements,

Was $298 delivered from camskill (75 pound delivery charge via TNT international), and $52 delivered from MEEK. For everything you need, i can do an itemised breakdown when i go home. The stuff was all delivered within 10days if i remember correctly, but i did get it delivered to the restaurant where i work and put that any employee can sign seeing as i always seem to miss couriers.

Labour was $700ish which thinking about it seems alot now...but im pretty sure they charged me a gazillion dollars for some synthetic oil and a filter even though i'd given them my own....

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Oh, if anyone wants to attempt this job themselves.. you need of magic spanners to adjust the alternator belt tension. And they are generally useful anyway.

But im not sure how to explain what they aer.. but they are kindof like a normal double ended spanner.. with no angles.. fully straight.. but the socket part.. is twice the width of the rest of the spanner. Or think about like a socket welded onto the end of the spanner.

But the more common ones that have angles in them, etc.. won't do the job.

Reason is the bolt is recessed inside an idler pulley.. and there is only about 20mm clearance to a chassis rail so you can't get even your averaged size 1/4 inch socket set in there.. and I found a small quarter in socket set and it was too tight.. used a bar.. destroyed the socket!

You can get those spanners sets from some repcos.. I wish I knew if the had a name.. very very handy spanner set for lots of things.

jimslick

Crunching Gears
First Name
jim
Drive
99 vr4
Hey lads sorry to be a pain in the arse but i want to order the parts for the timing belt and they hydraulic lifters/tapets so I need to know what parts to order, including gaskets if any?? Cheers jim

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Oh, if anyone wants to attempt this job themselves.. you need of magic spanners to adjust the alternator belt tension. And they are generally useful anyway.

But im not sure how to explain what they aer.. but they are kindof like a normal double ended spanner.. with no angles.. fully straight.. but the socket part.. is twice the width of the rest of the spanner. Or think about like a socket welded onto the end of the spanner.

But the more common ones that have angles in them, etc.. won't do the job.

Reason is the bolt is recessed inside an idler pulley.. and there is only about 20mm clearance to a chassis rail so you can't get even your averaged size 1/4 inch socket set in there.. and I found a small quarter in socket set and it was too tight.. used a bar.. destroyed the socket!

You can get those spanners sets from some repcos.. I wish I knew if the had a name.. very very handy spanner set for lots of things.

Agreed, this was a proper head f**k. I ended up chucking it in a vice once off the car to remove it and then just did it up on the car. Which is easier.

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
MD318814 (MD338287) BELT,VALVE TIMING $170
MD308593 ADJUSTER,TIMING BELT TENSIONER $138
MD153103 (MD372536) OIL SEAL, CAMSHAFT $7 x 4
MD168055 OIL SEAL,CRANKSHAFT,FR $6
MD316826 PULLEY,TIMING BELT TENSIONER $43
MD179597 PULLEY,TIMING BELT IDLER $52
MD184973 BELT,ALTERNATOR & OTHERS $50 (what is 'OTHERS')
Power steering belt MD317142 $24
Oil filter MD356000 $15 x 3 ea the part numbers change with different suppliers i.e. Toro or Nippon Denso
Rear crank seal MD359158 $32

You don't need all of those bits, but they are options.. no part number for lifters here.

Above prices are NZD from admin@ralliart.co.nz, they are a bit old though - so - may vary.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
General Mitsi part number so could be referring to the fact its used for other things on some vehicles... maybe

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Personally I didn't bother with all the seals.

Top Bottom