100,000km service

G

Unregistered
Hi guys,

I was just wondering what sort of experiences people have had who've needed to get their 100,000km service done. I was quoted $2.5k by one workshop, which I thought was rather high...

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Hi guys,

I was just wondering what sort of experiences people have had who've needed to get their 100,000km service done. I was quoted $2.5k by one workshop, which I thought was rather high...

2.5K is "fair" if that includes labour and the supply of ALL associated 100K servicable parts. Labour is the biggest killer. It may take up to 12-14hrs if they do everything.

Any details on your specific quote? There may be things in there that you could do yourself.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I got my genuine parts from Ralliart NZ and cost just under $730AUD delivered. I was charged $600 (cash) labour at a local reputable mechanics workshop. He'd never done one before and said it wasn't hard just time consuming so high labour charges won't be uncommon.

I just got the belts and waterpump done. No oils or fluids as I do them myself.

G

Unregistered
Yea that $2.5k was for all parts and labour, and included all fluids etc. I may take your option paul, and just get the water pump and belts done by a mechanic, as changing the fluids is something I can do myself

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Get the parts from NZ or BIDJDM.com.

Parts cost me $525 from NZ for belts, pump, cam&carank seals both pullies and tensioner.

My mechanic took 9 hours to do the job including flushing the coolant and changing a busted tie rod end.

Most people take their car to any mechanic, pay mega bucks and say thats fair.
BULLSHIT yeah theres a bit of work involved in doing the service but labour shouldn't cost more than $600-$800.

Shop around people, mechanics do talk shit sometimes.

Top Bottom