100,000km Major Service Parts List

marc.r

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marc
Drive
purple legnum
Is there anyone in sydney who could trust this service other then meek? I have been putting his off for weeks because it is almost impossible to get my car out there. Basically means taking two days off work mid week and dedicating half the Fay to travel each time. If there is anyone in the eastern suburbs. South Sydney or in the area around Beverly hills/ Roselands it would help me a he'll of a lot! Further for just a trans flush could I take it to the local Mitsubishi dealer or would I be asking for a rip off?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
dont bother with the mitsubishi dealer, they'll charge you heaps for it.. and they'll use all sort of excuses to inflate the total cost..

few members here have used Meek and swear by them.. also probably 2 days might not be enough due to 'unforseen cirmcumstances' give it an extra day or 2.. not trying to make you worry but to keep you prepared..

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Is there anyone in sydney who could trust this service other then meek? I have been putting his off for weeks because it is almost impossible to get my car out there. Basically means taking two days off work mid week and dedicating half the Fay to travel each time. If there is anyone in the eastern suburbs. South Sydney or in the area around Beverly hills/ Roselands it would help me a he'll of a lot! Further for just a trans flush could I take it to the local Mitsubishi dealer or would I be asking for a rip off?

I took my car to IS Motor Racing in Rockdale for the 100,000 Km service and they did an excellent job. The price was what you'd expect to pay ($700-800) for just the cambelt change, etc. but I did a whole overhaul and I can't fault them. He knows the cars well, is scrupulously honest and has a good rep.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Check on Evo oz where they take their cars. There should be something closer too you than Meek

jdyort

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Troy
Drive
98 Type V S2 Legnum + 67 Mk1 Cortina
If you are still looking, give Todd at Japlink a call in Haberfield. It is not far from Ashfield station (10 min walk) Those guys have been fantastic to me and will def take my car to them for its 100K service. Their mechanics are Japanese and are flown out from Japan to do stints in the workshop.

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
I can't vouch for anyone( me being a mech. I did my own 100k plus all other work on the car) but Indy from IS motorsport is amazing. Workmanship and attention to detail are the most important things for a mechanic to have and that workshop has sh$tloads of both

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Agree that Indy has a lot of experience and expertise, especially with Nissans and Evos. However, how well does he know our VR-4s? The reason why I ask is because he suggested 10w60 oil for our cars ...

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Agree that Indy has a lot of experience and expertise, especially with Nissans and Evos. However, how well does he know our VR-4s? The reason why I ask is because he suggested 10w60 oil for our cars ...

Here we go again......

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Just got my 100,000km service kit from Ralliart NZ and was a little dissapointed to find a Aisin water pump in there. Has anyone else ordered a water pump from them and what did you get?

Have emailed Bill and am waiting for a reply.

PeteGT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
'99 Legnum - S Manual
I think I got the same earlier this year. Was it cast into the housing?
Aisin are an OEM supplier to most of the Japanese manufacturers for gearboxes so would it be a problem?

Just chucked the one that got pulled off mine so can't have a look for you unfortunately.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I figured they might be an OEM for Mitsubishi but would have liked a little warning i guess.

Would have felt better spending half the dosh and got some other brand really..

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Aisin is a good OEM brand, they make and distribut water pumps, oil pumps, thermostat housings. If you look closely at most of the things on your engine that are ally you'll probably see an Aisin casting. I've never had a problem and that's what used to come in the genuine Mitsu boxes.

drez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dre
Drive
Galant type S 2000
Boys, some of you might seen my galant up for sale, but since I do love this car so much, I decided to do the 100k service and purchased all the parts from Ralliart NZ. Here is the current pricing if anyone wants to go on the same path too, But I am planning to get the water pump from MEEK, since $300 it seems too much for water pump.

Now just got to find free couple days to perform the service myself, hopefully things will go smoothly, if anything I am sure I'll be logging in to forum and ask you guys for help and advice :p

cheers

Attachments

• img200.jpg
    img200.jpg
    472.7 KB · Views: 145

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
Well, Chasers finally gave me final (estimate) price for my service!

With GST: $3,085..

Quite a big hole in my pocket after it will be done! Also note that the price includes all genuine Mitsubishi Parts from japan, Top of the line spark plugs and leads and top of the line brake fluid/motor oil/coolant.

Trying to see if they will do a single dyno price for before & after service run. I'm currently searching ozvr4 now, but apprently mitsubishi can't give a list price for an o2 sensor, chasers said they usually use NGK and are worth around $160.. can someone confirm?

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Pretty sure you can get a quote from Bill (Ralliart NZ) for an original O2 sensor...But that sound ok for all genuine mitsi parts..I paid more than 2.5 grand for mine from meek..

G

Unregistered
Those prices are ridiculous, 3 grand? Seriously. I baulk at 2.5 grand as well. If I paid that for services I could have bought a whole new car by now instead.

And from memory, there's a price for the O2 sensor in the Part Numbers Guide.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Yeah, I wouldn't pay that. Carmen Imports have quoted ~$1800 and they source all parts. They state it's approx 8 hours worth. $3k is hilarious. Either source parts yourself and get their labour only charge or look elsewhere.

Edit: Check the VR4 friendly workshops thread for alternatives.

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
If I were to source the parts myself it would more than likely cost more! I'm happy to fork that much out considering they know what they're doing.

Unless I compare techsport, but why would I drive to the otherside of the world!?

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
If you're happy with the cost and workshop, go for it. Just giving you alternatives in the interest of saving some money which could be better put towards other things.

Top Bottom