frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
anyone able to tell me what kind of filter i need to use if i gave a part number of the ryco ones? cause i been trying and as of yet i havent been able to find one... i have a relocated filter and for some reason it turns out to be the filter size of an old bmw.. making it a little harder to source than just using an EA020.. pretty certain i use a Z422 by ryco (off the top of my head) or something like that... ill edit this if im mistaken. i might be thinking of the standard one lol...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Just want to make sure this is the same one everyone else is using, and what prices others have got it for.
Check the link in my sig to my member's ride - I've got some details on what I paid in there if I remember correctly.

Anyone fitted the amsoil By-pass Oil Filter? What part number is it for a VR4?
There's no particular part number - there are a number of different options and it depends on which kit you wish to use.

How much is the dual filter kit and where are you going to mount it?
Do you have to plank off where the current one is?
Where does it tap into?
You can get a spin-on bypass to the dual-mount kit, which has your standard small 15(10?)µ filter (like the EA020) mounted next to the 2µ bypass filter. But apparently this system isn't ideal as you will need a lot of oil pressure to get the oil flowing down the lines to the filter, and the higher it is above the engine filter mount the more restricted it will be, so they recommend you mount the dual-bypass as low as possible. I don't need to tell you that finding such a mounting point in a VR4 engine bay is no easy task.

The other, more ideal setup involves the standard EA020 filter and installing a T-piece in-line with the oil sender, plumbing a line to the 2µ filter which you mount somewhere in your engine bay. The return line you tap into your oil cap or rocker cover somewhere.

Such a kit costs somewhere between 6 and $700 (I can't remember the exact number off the top of my head, sorry) which includes everything you'll need, but not installation. It's fairly straight-forward though.

What other amsoil products have been used? Engine flush........ and prices
As above, check my Member's Ride thread.

anyone able to tell me what kind of filter i need to use if i gave a part number of the ryco ones? i have a relocated filter and for some reason it turns out to be the filter size of an old bmw..
Josh if you've got some kind of custom setup we'd only be guessing - take your old filter off and take it to an auto parts place to get them to match it.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Emanuel, the adapter screws into the existing place where the oil filter would go, and the remote filters can go anywhere. If you go to the amsoil site there are lots of pics of various installs.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
Josh if you've got some kind of custom setup we'd only be guessing - take your old filter off and take it to an auto parts place to get them to match it.

changed my oil today - Z422 by Ryco is what i ended up using this time.. ill go somewhere and find out what i can use..

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Ok kids, I'm putting a order together for pickup Tuesday (Tomorrow) night. So far I have about $336 worth for myself and Demis which entitles us for a 5% discount. I was speaking to Kath and she says anything over $500 worth she'll give us 10% and also if we place all SA orders through my name (Matthew Allen and/or OZVR4) we can work at getting a discount for loyalty.

Anyway if you're keen PM me asap and if you're north I can drop them off on the way home Wednesday night.

To give you a idea what I'm ordering so far -

2 x 0w/30 5 Litre
2 x Oil Filter EA020
2 x Antifreeze and Engine Coolant

There are heaps of other products, have a look at Trev's post:

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=43819#post43819

Otherwise in the future you can order through Kath, the address for pick up is Siverlake Rd Mylor - 1.5km from Strathalbyn Rd, there is a AMSOIL sign on the gate. Don't forget to mention you're from OZVR4 so we can work at getting a discount.

SA, NT, TAS: Kath Pavier
PO Box 1278
Mylor, SA, 5153
PH: (08) 8388 5294
FAX: (08) 8388 5294
Email: amsoildist@yahoo.com.au

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Matt that's truly fantastic work! I spent... a fair bit more than that and I wasn't able to swing a discount :(

Can you do me a HUGE favour and ask Kath if she can find out if Amsoil have an Ea panel air filter with the following dimensions?

Height/Depth: 50mm
Outside Length: 250mm
Outside Width: 200mm

I've been chasing these for six months now and no-one's been able to give me a straight answer... Amsoil US don't even respond to emails.

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Try Peter at
lubes@a1oils.com.au

Here was the quote he gave me;

The Amsoil EaO20 oil filter for you car is $29.00.
5 litres of Series 2000 0w30 is $90. ( a cheaper but excellent alternative is 5Litre Amsoil ASL 5w30 Full Syn motor oil at $75)

2 quarts (946ml) of SVG GL5 at $21each = $42.00
1 x 9.5 ATF= $152
6 x 1 quart ATF at $16 each = $96

Registered Post for the two boxes to you is $49.00.

Oil Total = $409 minus 10% box buy discount = $368.10 plus $49.00 postage equals grand total of $417.10.

If you want the 5w30 oil just deduct $15 from total and let me know.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Matt that's truly fantastic work! I spent... a fair bit more than that and I wasn't able to swing a discount :(

Can you do me a HUGE favour and ask Kath if she can find out if Amsoil have an Ea panel air filter with the following dimensions?

Height/Depth: 50mm
Outside Length: 250mm
Outside Width: 200mm

I've been chasing these for six months now and no-one's been able to give me a straight answer... Amsoil US don't even respond to emails.

Just spoke to Kath, she will email her contact in Amsoil about the Panel Filter today. She said that she usually gets back to her in a few days...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
$417.10? isn't that a little too expensive.. I remember I bought heaps of Amsoil stuff (which is still in the garage) and it only cost me around $200 including postage, also all the stuff i bought will cover the whole service.. g/box, xfer case, rear diff, ayc, ps, and motor oil and z142a equivalent in amsoil brand..

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
12 ltrs of ATF was the killer I think.. :(

np - I still have not gone ahead with order however, too expensive.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Actually Guys, I have to place the order tonight... So let me know if anyone has anything they need before 3 today...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Just spoke to Kath, she will email her contact in Amsoil about the Panel Filter today. She said that she usually gets back to her in a few days...
Thanks Matt, appreciate it. Let me know what you're able to find out :)

G

Unregistered
Actually Guys, I have to place the order tonight... So let me know if anyone has anything they need before 3 today...
Phoned up the SA amsoil rep today and am making a order to be posted.
Said I was with ozvr4 and got the 5% discount.
She said you picked up your order the the other night. I guess it must have been you Matt? :)

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yeah me and Marls got some oil (0w30) some coolant and a oil filter... $160 for all 3... She's a nice lady, if I had the time I wouldn't mind trying to sell the stuff around town so it's more accessible...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
just changed my motor oil to Amsoil today.. first impression.. Good.. after 30 minutes of driving.. WOW... engine's way quieter and it made a difference in my acceleration; not HUGE, but you can definitely feel the difference.. i was worried that 0w would be too thin for Oz.. but its good...

will let you guys know more when i get to 1k and 3k km's out of it..

also I'm using Amsoil oil filter equivalent to z142a or z56b, can't really remember its sort of a 'tight fit' but its on there..

G

Unregistered
Just got mine in the mail today, now just waiting on bank details so I can pay her.

amsoil.jpg

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
I know most of you (if not all) are using EA020 oil filter.. but when I contacted the Queensland distributor, I asked for a filter that is equivalent to z56b or z142a, he then gave me a part number of SDF44..

from the looks of it.. its similar in size with z142a..

from what he told me.. its got the same oil filter elements inside it, just got bigger capacity..

Top Bottom