Brembo Brake Caliper Upgrade

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Those champion bolts are nowhere near as strong as the genuine ones. 10.9 is right. Don't seem available down here though.

The_Giefster

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
Evo 5 + Motorbike
Hmm. I might see if the local bolt place has some 10.9 bolts in stock.

Front = M12, 1.75 thread pitch X 35mm
Rear = M10, 1.50 thread pitch X 30mm

justin

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
justin
Drive
1999 legnum 2.5 auto
Hey guys, I just sighned up to site, I have only had my leggy for about a month and brakes are no good.
I have seen many posts with guys using evo brakes, do u know if this is an easy bolt on transfer or do I need to change brake master cylinder and brake lines with e-brake as well, any advice would be much appreciated, I should of just gone the stagea

justin

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
justin
Drive
1999 legnum 2.5 auto
Because you have a facelift they bolt straight on but you will need evo brake lines as well :)
so front and rear callipers and rotors should bolt on from any evo but 10, I sound like a broken record I apologise but have seen lots of posts but no definite same answer, I have already had a hairy moment in car due to lack of braking, thank god for awd

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
yeah mate I just did a evo brake up grade in my pfl galant. Had to be fl model front hub carriers. Then evo 5-9 brembos bolt on with evo brake lines and 320mm rotors. Will need to get bolts to there is a thread on here bout what is required for the conversion. Can't link cause I'm on my phone

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Aren't they 328mm?

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Posts moved to appropriate thread. Brembo brake upgrade has been well discussed. Search is your friend.

justin

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
justin
Drive
1999 legnum 2.5 auto
thanks for your help , I searched the other posts and forums, im concerned there is no definite choice on great brakes that work properly for this car, that legnum life, I admire ur patients guys, ive only had the car for a month and im starting to resent it

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
^ Evo Brembo options are fairly definite (tried & tested) ...

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
so front and rear callipers and rotors should bolt on from any evo but 10, I sound like a broken record I apologise but have seen lots of posts but no definite same answer, I have already had a hairy moment in car due to lack of braking, thank god for awd

Just wondering, when you say you "already had a hairy moment in car due to lack of braking" what happened exactly ? Because the standard calipers brake system (front & rear) are pretty good at braking (of course the evo set-up is better) but just thinking it might be something else wrong with your car ?

So what mods do you have and please tell us what happen exactly, maybe its something else, maybe a cheaper/easier fix than changing the caliper set up ?

justin

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
justin
Drive
1999 legnum 2.5 auto
Long story short I had to brake urgently as car in my lane over taking towards me round a corner, the car shunted and vibrated really bad, the tyres didn't lock up but I lost no speed, I then went into emergency lane and drove out of it, even at low speeds it squeals real bad and takes a while to stop, the pads look ok, rotors a little rusty, a guy emailed me, 850 for mr Evo 8 brake rotors lines calipers and master cylinder, 2nd hand but at that price I figure it's worth a shot,

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Functioning stock brakes in good order are quite capable. Sounds like you have high spotted rotors (hence the pulse) and a potentially other issues. Don't get me wrong, I want Brembos like most on here, but for street application they're mostly overkill.

justin

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
justin
Drive
1999 legnum 2.5 auto
thanks for support and advice fellas, im putting car in to get tuned, but stock slotted rotors and brakes are cheaper than evo upgrade, i will go this way then and see how it goes, other than that car is in great condition, unfortunately i got no paper work with it but its mint condition had me sold

battery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
b
Drive
a car
Sounds like ABS kicked in..

Slotted rotors wont do shit in that situation you explained.

Stock setup is crap, I had good pads on mine and it was still terrible. Upgraded to brembos on the front and its soooooo much better, just keep the rears stock if your on a budget as they don't do much anyway.

justin

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
justin
Drive
1999 legnum 2.5 auto
Yeah I've seen the extent of upgrades some of the guys have gone to on here, impressive and dedicated, I'm blessed brakes are the only issue with mine, no response with a speeding oncoming car tho is something I don't want to relive, I got real lucky as that was one of few spots on road with emergency lane, for the benefit of the doubt I might see what these second hand Evo brakes are like, it's my daily driver so I don't give it a hard time much, I do how ever go up the central regularly for band practice so smashing with a drum kitt might sound great but won't tickle I imagine

justin

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
justin
Drive
1999 legnum 2.5 auto
Lol this is my issue, I don't mean to affend anyone but too many opinions is confusing and misleading, I guess trial and error is the only way, we all don't drive identically after all

Top Bottom