DON'S Twin TD05 Upgrade 56kb beware!

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Soooo...would I be a 'tard to say this should be a very similar install with td04's?????? I wonder would the rear oil and water lines bolt straight up like yours did..

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Soooo...would I be a 'tard to say this should be a very similar install with td04's?????? I wonder would the rear oil and water lines bolt straight up like yours did..

I'd guess it would be similar..? Maybe slightly less stuffing about with the engine mount at the front? I'm sure Don will have an answer for us shortly :)

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yay! Like Paul I can finally start talking about it, well done, will be curious to see some graphs!

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
Aah, so this is the one I heard all the rumors about?

I think I'll have many questions for you soon Don. So are these the 16G big housing or smalls?

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
Okay, ask away

Td04 is something id install to do again, smaller size, and wont have to modify front one as much (radiator, engine mount)

Lag when tested at the time i got full boost at 4000 but, let's see what tune is like

Td04, yep, 100% would line up with oil+ water id believe

My td05 is large ( thats right, i can change that wheel to a td06 but no)

Do Not go 20g, my turbs. Are the biggest to fit in there and that was the risk i took and fluked!

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
haha just remembered, best thermo fan install ever lol. "its stock, all stock officer"

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Wondering whether a shtiv tune with a 7202 would suffice???
I guess if you can flash then why not? As opposed to piggyback/standalone

Also what trim would you be looking for in td04??
Just looking ATM and theres so many...

jonesyVR4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Mark
Drive
EP71 Starlet turbo
You could also look at the Forester TF035's as they are the same fit as a TD04 but are a bit smaller again, however I think you'd get a nice increase over stock turbos still

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Yep I read that but was just wondering if you COULD, if you wanted to, run a flashed 7202

Ahh, gotcha. I'd put money on the fact considering the 7202/3 ROMS can be modified, they'd be more than capable of running this setup ;)

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Ahh, gotcha. I'd put money on the fact considering the 7202/3 ROMS can be modified, they'd be more than capable of running this setup ;)

Yeh I think you're right but just thought could it run aftermarket injectors ok... Assuming you would need them for the power levels 18 psi with td04/5's will have

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
That is something ideal to use, top end would still suffice as well as bottom end

Forgot to mention, im running EVO 560cc injectors with re-wired plugs to suit em with changed impedance (easier for future upgrades as injectors ill buy are easier to choose)

Also, hold out before you guys buy the turbo.. wait till i get my car back for photos.. its the front turbo issue... as i had to modify the actuator location, instead of pushing from compressor, its pushing bottom of car up (clearance between turbo and bloc is nil)

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Flashing the ECU with bigger turbos is my (and a few others I know of) plan. The only issue I see (and it's surmountable) is how much air can the stock AFM flow and measure? Ideally I'd like to run AFM down low and then go to MAP at high load, keeping all that nice driveability that AFM's give you. What I see happening with this is Kenneth writing the code if he beats me to it or someone else beating me to it (I still need more code writing knowledge but it's just time). But maybe the stock AFM measures accurately enough at the flow of a pair of TD04's anyway....

I'm also in the middle of looking at a million compressor and turbine maps so I haven't even picked which turbo's (or turbo) I want yet....

Sorry Don, I'm not meaning to hijack the thread into an ecu discussion, so back on topic

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
Great developmental work Don, and really looking forward to more pics and info as it comes available. You are a brave individual to tackle this solo on the grass and deserving of success for this reason alone.

You could put your fabrication skills to further use by neatening up the cooler/s mounting and the hose routing with some custom made brackets, although, having said that, a neater install doesnt make it go faster does it!

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Good stuff dude, great to see my old gearbox being used to it's full potential.

For a 2.5lt engine to have over 300rwkw and full boost by 3800-4000 rpm is pretty decent especially considering the low cost of the turbos and the relative ease of installation.

Well done mate, can't wait to see more leggies dusting everything on the road.

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
Thanks fellas

Madhav, your project has been the biggest inspiration and i thank you for your thread
(And i blame on your gearbox to encourage me to go all out on the car! Haha)

Also update, spoke to APC today, should be getting car back by end of week

Top Bottom