DOUBLE DIN HU, WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET?

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Good luck with it... I got a similar one and the DVD drive in it broke within a week... plus the features were misrepresented. But hey, shit happens :D

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Good luck with it... I got a similar one and the DVD drive in it broke within a week... plus the features were misrepresented. But hey, shit happens :D

Was it an EONON brand? They're all over EBay & are a pile of junk. I got an el-cheapo unit for Grandpa 2 years ago & it's still going strong, apart from Wes bugging the GPS SD card lol..

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Drive
Was it an EONON brand? They're all over EBay & are a pile of junk. I got an el-cheapo unit for Grandpa 2 years ago & it's still going strong, apart from Wes bugging the GPS SD card lol..

Yep, though I bought directly from their website... sucks to be me :)

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Drive
I have a friend who swears by the eonon brand but will only buy them direct, the ebay ones for some reason cause more problems than there worth. This is the one he recommends

[URL]http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/2-Din-Car-GPS-DVD/G2210.html[/URL]

That's the one I got (G2210A) thinking it was a winner... instead it's a weiner.

I'm STILL trying to get them to tell me where to send the fucking thing so they can replace/repair. It arrived on 1/10 and by 7/10 I'd sent a warranty enquiry because the DVD player & GPS module stuffed up.

JiMi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie Kendrick
Drive
98 leggy, 90 gvr4, holden rodeo
hehe.. i wouldn't recommend my cheap one... cd/dvd player has died and screen doesn't always light up straight away... also loud background noise in one speaker that i suspect is from it (just unplugged the speaker as a quick fix)

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Drive
That's pretty much EXACTLY the same as my Eonon, which I got replaced after a week of ownership... that process took over a month.

Joe Bellissimo

Crunching Gears
First Name
Joe
Drive
CH Lancer
mate that looks F'ing wicked!!!! if i didnt have a dvd player already i would get one, well i am a bit tempted to sell mine and get this one now lol

I'll have a review going soon since two guys from the magna club have bought them already.

Looks like a brand new product, so why is it only offering an analogue TV tuner? I'm also waiting for these things to support movie playback via USB, rather than just MP3 support.

There are tuners available. The cost would be too high if all features were included since its pretty feature heavy. And yes it does play movies from the USB, I was watching better off ted while i was testing LOL!

That's pretty much EXACTLY the same as my Eonon, which I got replaced after a week of ownership... that process took over a month.

Well I'll find out how long these last from the first buyers. I'm the retailer for them so I'm covering warranty jobs in this case.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Well it would be a case of changing one feature, the analogue tuner, for another, a digital tuner.

Do you know what formats it supports for USB movie playback? You just got me interested.

Joe Bellissimo

Crunching Gears
First Name
Joe
Drive
CH Lancer
I could definitely look into it.

Well I only tried with xvid before I had to send them out. I will have more info soon!

Top Bottom