EOI: FLash Tune by Merlin Part 3

G

Unregistered
He told me this was a no go weekend for him for a third visit a couple of days ago along with the weekends 2/3 Oct and 4/5 Sept - just sharing information when I saw plans were changing as it wasn't relevant when plans were for the 25th Sept.

Please check with Dave though....not meaning to put a damper on things - I think its a great idea to get him up for the dyno day if possible - good work Chris (y).

Edit: Just read Dave's Edit 4.....that confirms things

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
fellas.. as stated by Merlin on his reply several posts above, he can't make the 9th of October so he won't be able to join us on our dyno day..

but if you have any more suitable dates to agreed on.. let me know..

.. at this stage nothing is confirmed yet with Dave, because there's only 1 interest at this stage for a new tune and 3 for updating the tune..

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
bump for 1 week after..

if no new guys are interested, unfortunately it won't be enough to entertain Merlin..

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Ah wells, maybe just make a thread up called something like "Who in QLD wants their cars ECU remapped?" and bump it once a week until 3 people sign up. Its only a matter of time until more people are ready.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Depends mate, on who you get to do it. I was quoted up to $1500 from the cocks at Chiptorque

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Depends mate, on who you get to do it. I was quoted up to $1500 from the cocks at Chiptorque

lol..

I think Merlin's around $400 or $450.. plus the airfare which is shared by all members attending the tune (whether new or update on tune)

Just an extra info..

I think it would be better if we use someone who knows more about our ECU rather than using a workshop who don't know stuff about our cars.. at least the guys that put stuff into the ECU Flash thread, they know what they're talking about and do come up with solutions on how to make things better..

also from memory, Nitephyre is interested in getting his car tuned.. not sure if he's still interested though..

G

Unregistered
Plus one for Merlin's knowledge and the quality of the tune he can deliver.

If any one is thinking about organising another tuning day I would come along for a revisit of my tune now that I have my boost spiking / leaking issues sorted and have it strong and steady at 15....

Scott if you want more info probably best to contact Merlin directly via pm, he is a member on here.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Also, if anyone else is reading this thread and is interested in a tune, post a message so we know. Once there is 3-4 people wanting a new tune, Merlin will be back!

merlin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
Evolution IX
Guys, I would be keen for a re-visit too.

Tim, I dont think you ever explained you cars problem on the day,
and
Paul, I guess you sorted the ignition?

Yes I do have some nice little improvements up the sleeve...

G

Unregistered
Problems were twofold: Firstly stock solenoid was still connected and secondly it seems there was a small leak where the silicon hose joined the boost guage - only found this last week when the hose split completely. Replumbed now and running great, pulling harder at higher psi....need to do a few runs and tweak the mbc.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
@Tim, glad to hear about your boost leak getting sorted..

@Merlin - Dave, I might need you to retune mine as I'll have a different setup with my ignition :) also I seem to be running a little rich around 2500 to 4500 rpm..would disconnecting the factory boost solenoid off the vacuum hose link cause this?

also I would like to know if what's the chances of me raising my boost to say 18psi?!

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
Another here keen on a cheaper alternative to the laughable Chiptorque quote, they tried to screw $1800 out of me. Love my Legnum and would love to squeeze everything I can out of it.

Top Bottom