Group Buy: Lifters

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Unregistered
Put me down for a set of lifters and a fuel rail adaptor pls. Cheers for the effort Alex. Happy for mine to get sent up with other Qld guys to save on postage etc

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
There's a good point. For those of us in SA (Me & ed84 only I think) i'd be happy to recieve them and then distribute to SA members to save a little more on postage.

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
what was the finally price or are you waiting for a quote?

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
Still waiting on final price. Steve I've already submitted an order but I'll email them asking to add you

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
I hope I can be proven wrong, but I have just been looking through ASA, and the GTO and VR4 does not share the same part number lash adjusters. I did find a commonality for V25W and V45W (pajero 3.5) for both, but not a direct link.
Can someone who is more familiar with ASA have a look and see what they think as I only got it working yesterday?
Also looking on camskill, the pictures they have for both look slightly different.
I hope I am wrong, as I have already ordered the GTO lifters as I was lead to believe they fit.

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
Oh shit! Well that's some bad news, if they don't fit! For my sake and everyone else that just brought a set I hope your wrong Rob

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
I hope I can be proven wrong, but I have just been looking through ASA, and the GTO and VR4 does not share the same part number lash adjusters. I did find a commonality for V25W and V45W (pajero 3.5) for both, but not a direct link.
Can someone who is more familiar with ASA have a look and see what they think as I only got it working yesterday?
Also looking on camskill, the pictures they have for both look slightly different.
I hope I am wrong, as I have already ordered the GTO lifters as I was lead to believe they fit.
GTO part was 1mm lifters originally, VR4 were 3mm lifters from factory so i wouldn't expect them to be the same part no. in ASA.
Commonality was the link we originally discovered, and the pic differs only really by the internal notch which would only adjust the removal process.
Should be good IMO

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
GTO part was 1mm lifters originally, VR4 were 3mm lifters from factory so i wouldn't expect them to be the same part no. in ASA.
Commonality was the link we originally discovered, and the pic differs only really by the internal notch which would only adjust the removal process.
Should be good IMO

Thats why I said they only look slightly different, but there is no size reference either. Also I know the original 6G72 DOHC lifters were only 1mm (not 3mm like ours), but even the replacement part numbers (what I would expect to be the 3mm versions) are different. I hope I am wrong.
I have asked 3sx if they can confirm with their supplier if they are compatible as they are out of stock at the moment anyway.

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
Thats why I said they only look slightly different, but there is no size reference either. Also I know the original 6G72 DOHC lifters were only 1mm (not 3mm like ours), but even the replacement part numbers (what I would expect to be the 3mm versions) are different. I hope I am wrong.
I have asked 3sx if they can confirm with their supplier if they are compatible as they are out of stock at the moment anyway.
Was more for everyone else - didn't want people to be like OMG WTF?!!?! and freak out.
I'll check harder

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White

smitty

First Name
Alex
Drive
Ok, so there's a chance they won't fit then?

Oddly enough both vendors claim that both different lifters will fit a 6G72 SOHC...

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
I would wait off on paying for the GB (if you already haven't) until we find out for sure Alex.

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
I remember something similar with the 4G63 VR4 engines. They ran a small 1mm opening that would junk up and cause the lifter tick. Mitsubishi then released a version which was nicknamed the "3G Lifters" as they had a 3mm opening.

Here is some info lifted from the VFAQ website about replacing lifter's in a 4G63 engine:

lifters-01.jpg

lifters-02.jpg

• The first version of lifters used on early 1Gs (possibly up to early 2Gs) had extremely small top holes. The second version had a top hole about 3-4 times larger, and a larger groove on the side. First version is on the left, second on the right. Note that the second version was also slightly shorter in total height than the first. The third and latest version (as of 2004) is the same total height as the first version, has a top hole the size of the second version, and a side oil feed hole larger than the first or second version for even more oil flow to the followers.
    If you want to pick up lifters a lot cheaper than factory costs, the lifters I recently bought are not Mitsu packaged, they're made by TopLine. Apparently Mitsu buys the TopLine lifters and repackages them. I compared them to photos of Mitsu OEM "new" style lifters, and they appear identical. The shop selling them is down in Texas, and they sell a lot of items at wholesale prices. Here's the info:
    • Prime Automotive Wholesale
      2100 Regency Drive
      Irving, TX 75062
      214-441-1500
    Last time I bought them in late 2003, the price had increased a bit, to about $8-9 each, but still far less than factory cost.

That would be why they have varying part number's. I think that the lifters were common across most of the various engines.

Cheers

Scott

smitty

First Name
Alex
Drive
Edited first post with pricing etc. Now all we have to do is come to an agreement on whether or not these things will indeed fit.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Hmm, I still think they can do a better price considering the quantity we are ordering... Why should it matter whether they hav to order them in or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom