"Dear 3sx,

We no longer want your shit, please cancel the purchase order."

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
If we could get confirmation they fit and give us a proper price I would have no problem with buying theirs. We already know they can sell them for $99 or they would not of had them on special at that price if it was below cost, they probably just heard the words group buy and thought $$$$$$

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Brad,

Could you ask MEEK if the Evo (4G63) lifters are the same as ours? That would answer our question.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Brad,Could you ask MEEK if the Evo (4G63) lifters are the same as ours? That would answer our question.

I'll reply & ask them. In the meantime, here's Pat's repsonse. It's probably not what you guys are looking for, but anyways;

"Hi Brad,

Happy New Year!!

The old price for Legnum lifters was $300 per set (24) and I have managed to bring the price down to $275 per set (24) which is $11.46 per lifter. It’s expensive because there’s a lot of lifters.

However, I’m happy to do a special group buy price for your forum - 5 sets and above at $265 per set inc GST plus postage.

I will still have to check with our supplier if they are able to supply in large quantity first before accepting group order as these lifters are coming from overseas.

Pre-payment is required. Lead time is 7-14 working days.

I’m not sure how long we can supply at this special price. Let’s see how we go"

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Could you ask MEEK if the Evo (4G63) lifters are the same as ours? That would answer our question.

& here's their answer;

"Hi Brad,

Lifters for 6A13TT are much smaller than 4G63 (4G63 ones are taller and bigger in diameter).

Genuine lifters for 6A13TT and 6A12 are 2mm hole, our aftermarket ones are 3mm hole."

Sounds like there's another option there. There's plenty of FTOs in the country. Perhaps we can use 6A12 lifters?

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Yeah probably same part number and same price Brad. Good finding out anyway, that tells us the 3se lifters do no fit?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Here's some more info for you guys from MEEK;

"Hi Brad,

The lifters for 6A13TT, 6A12TT and 4G93T (1.8L GSR) are the same. The 4G63 2L items are different.

Regards,

Bron"

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
Here's some more info for you guys from MEEK;

"Hi Brad,

The lifters for 6A13TT, 6A12TT and 4G93T (1.8L GSR) are the same. The 4G63 2L items are different.

Regards,

Bron"

dam it so they are different!! shit!

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Oh well, looks like we will have 3 sets of 4G63 lifters to sell michael.

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
Oh well, looks like we will have 3 sets of 4G63 lifters to sell michael.

Yes well maybe we could ask Jonson if he knows anyone that's looking for evo lifters? As he is a mechanic and knows a few people with evos and has one himself

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I'm sure you will be able to sell them off easily, you might even be able to make a bit on the. if meek are selling ours for around $300 I'm guessing the Evo kits will be around $225 or $200

G

Unregistered
"Dear 3sx,

We no longer want your shit, please cancel the purchase order."

I'm assuming this was a touch of sarcasm....however if it is looking like these will not fit, is it too late to cancel or have funds been transferred? If you could let us know where it currently stands it would be appreciated. Whilst I'm sure no one really wants parts they can't use and have to sell, at the same time I doubt anyone involved reallly wants to see you out of pocket for your efforts - after all we are all big boys and girls and capable of doing some research (even if we didn't) before putting our names down...

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Well at least it appears we have other options for you guys on the lookout.

Surely someone knows the FTO guys or GSR boys & where they get their lifters from?

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
No money has changed hands, thankfully, they are waiting on my go-ahead, and payment. I havent been able to figure out a definitive answer so I think we just abandon this one.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Just for the exercise, send them an email saying it's to expensive, 99$ was the deal when we got interested =) 100% they will reduce the price!

sanchez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
rodrigo
Drive
legnum
Hey Alex thanks for going to all the trouble trying to make this happen it's much appreciated. Bit of bad luck that it all didn't go to plan.

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
No money has changed hands, thankfully, they are waiting on my go-ahead, and payment. I havent been able to figure out a definitive answer so I think we just abandon this one.

Alex a big thank you for all the trouble that you have gone too. But I think it's wise to not go ahead with this seen as you have not payed for them, And we can not find anywhere that these will fit. Cheers Mel

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
so, whos keen for the meek lifters then?

should we make a list?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Alex a big thank you for all the trouble that you have gone too. But I think it's wise to not go ahead with this seen as you have not payed for them, And we can not find anywhere that these will fit. Cheers Mel

Agreed - thanks for the hard work Smitty!

But I think at this point I will bow out of any lifter group buy. Mine aren't ticking yet so will just keep $$.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
same with me.. I appreciate the GB, specially the person who (Smitty:)) organized it, but I think 3SX is trying to get more $$$

maybe next time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom