Status
Not open for further replies.

cgunther

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Chris
Drive
2000 Legnum
Alex has done a great job trying to organise this group buy - it hasn't been easy.

Obviously he's tried to haggle on the price, and that's the best the company will do. This is still cheaper than Mitsubishi prices. If you're not happy with it, then pull out of the group buy.

I'm not trying to start a war - just don't want to fill this thread up with noise.

Hmm, I still think they can do a better price considering the quantity we are ordering... Why should it matter whether they hav to order them in or not.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
don't really care even if it's $150 that's still cheaper than what other shops sells it for..

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Yeah the price is very reasonable. As long as they can be used.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
If anyone has a spare lifter around the place they could just measure it maybe?

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Overall height is 45mm, diameter 13mm.

I've compared the lifters out of mine again with the picture from 3SX and I don't want to spoil the party, but the top (silver polished) ring from a VR-4 looks to be a bit higher than the 3SX one, but the top part with the 3mm bore a touch smaller than the one from 3SX.

The lifters shown on MEEK look exactly like the ones from 3SX... and they are for 4G63 Galants!

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
This is the part number for our lifters MD376687
This link shows the models they fit http://www.jdmperformance.co.uk/item_detail.php?prodID=35395

I looked at the lifters on camskill for the FTO, Galant/ legnum vr4 and they use the MD376687.

Replacement 3mm GTO 6G72t tappets on camskill they look almost identical but their part is MD337687 this link shows the models http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m39b867s4321p15807

Ok, so there's a chance they won't fit then?

Oddly enough both vendors claim that both different lifters will fit a 6G72 SOHC...

I'm in the they are different camp now. The 6G72 for one is SOHC, the other is DOHC.
I think they will be different sizes, either diameter, height or whatever.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
It is tempting to pull the pin... only 30 bucks savings? I thought the MEEK/Ralliart/Whatever pricing was more than that?

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
We do need confirmation, it will be a disaster if we get them and they dont fit

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
I've fitted the set from meek - sure, $275 may be a bit to fork out however i knew they'd fit which helped my decision. Perhaps with the level of interest, you could see if they are able to do a large group buy at a much discounted price?

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
I had a word to techsport today, he was going to get back to me with some dimensions for the genuine 6A13TT lifters, but never did...

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
1217487705_Lifters_V6.jpg

Original 6A13 lifters from Meek ... and

1146225011_Hydraulic_lifters_1.jpg

4G63 lifters from Meek!

Check my last post and you'll see the difference. Did 3SX tell you how many lifters you get for the 99 oder 125$?! It should be 16... but we need 24!

Meek had our lifters on sale before (from memory it was $50 less than their usual price) so it might be worth asking!

If you can get them for $200 in a GB it's actually cheaper than 16 for $125 and a rip-off shipping!

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
Check my last post and you'll see the difference. Did 3SX tell you how many lifters you get for the 99 oder 125$?! It should be 16... but we need 24!

Meek had our lifters on sale before (from memory it was $50 less than their usual price) so it might be worth asking!

If you can get them for $200 in a GB it's actually cheaper than 16 for $125 and a rip-off shipping!

with the $99 order from 3SX you get 24 of them!! it also states that on 3SX they are only suitable for DOHC engines!!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I think MEEK are closed at the moment, but it's worth a shot.

If anyone wants, I can start the ball rolling with them? :) I'm on pretty good terms with Chris, Pat & Damo there now.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
i'm in for the meek ones depending on price.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
yeah same here.

send brad in, he pretty much lives there :p

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Yeah but sounds like he is to close to them, need someone with a bit of asshole in them to haggle haha

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I sent Pat an email this morning for you all!

Let's see what they say. The worst is they'll say no.

ed84

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddie
Drive
09' Mitsubishi SWB Pajero NT X DiD, Honda CBR250rr
HAD: 99' Legnum s 2 Type S, 98' Galant S2 Type V
I had a word to techsport today, he was going to get back to me with some dimensions for the genuine 6A13TT lifters, but never did...

Any more word on this? im not particularly interested in a bunch of incorrect lifters either if they don't fit :001_unsure:...
Hope we can sort out the direction this group buy came from before proceding with where its going.
Cheers for the inititive and research being put in to resolve this issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom