Group photo shot of SA cars for 2010 Calandar submission

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
Hey guys, how are we all?

Well as it has been stated they are after creative ideas for the next calandar submission.

So I've thought up of the idea of having a group photo to showcase not only our beautiful SA cars but also our beautiful scenery here.

There are endless possibilies and choices of backdrop scenes so if anyone is interested in this idea, please say so! :)

If you could mention if you have any indeas of areas to take the photo be it beach, hills, city ect.. or Location for example Glenelg, Barossa ect ect then put that down too.

If this generates enough interest I know of a proffesional photographer who could help us out.

Cheers guys,
Dave.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Good idea! It would be awesome if we could get every state to do this.

Sorry if i cut your SA only lunch but that sounds good.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Sounds like a great idea David!!

im all for it, ive got a couple of good ideas for night shots, im not sure how they would work, i can do some test shots and see what people think

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
Well I just bought my car today, pretty keen to start thinking of ideas. Know of any cool places with backdrops of the city?

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
you could always do the cliche 'along the river torrens' shot. but seeing its a nation wide calendar, might work.

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
I'm up for that! Haha, I've been lazy looking around the forum... what's the deadline?

G

Unregistered
Thought id offer up some goodies i know of.:cool:

Elevated City back drops=
Windy point carpark.
Mt Osmond Carpark?
Eagle on the Hill Rd.

Elevated view of the country=
Strawberry Hill, Hahndorf.
Mount Barker summit car park; too over grown.

Adelaide=
Around the conservatory.
Along on e of our stone-home lined streets..

Night time=
Windy point Carpark
Eagle on the Hill Rd

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
The spots i was thinking of are prob only good for 2 or 3 cars and are best when its misty/foggy, we ll see how many people come out

I wonder if we could find a nice night spot across the river from the convention centre with the city lights in background?

but we re sposed to be thinking outside the square. Try to think of somewhere that would take a lot of sweet talking, some local knowledge or to know someone who could get us in somewhere not normally accessible to general public........

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
I reckon submitting a group entry is thinking outside the square enough.
Mmm some of those locations aren't too bad, but you're right we need a place where no-one would expect us to go :p
We could always just drive up Rundle Mall? hehe

big vik VR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Victor
Drive
mazda SP20, wanting a Galant
i'd be up for that and moana shots are nice, as long as there's no sea-weed, but if we do a 5 min clean up it could look pretty crisp i think

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
lol yeah i like the rundle mall idea. just gota do it like 3am on a tuesday lol. park in front of of the malls balls so everyone in other states can clearly see 'balls are touching' lol.

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
Well I think we have decent enough interest to go ahead with this idea!
Shall we start taking votes on locations because we need to organise time and date ect..
Been quite sunny lately so even a shot at Glenelg would be sweet.

millsy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Jason
Drive
vr4 galant, 2005 WRX Club Spec Evo 8
would be a great shot if we could get the cars on the hill at adelaide oval!!!!!!!!!!!
i know of 1 or 2 people that are ivolved with the oval and groundskeeping if anyone is keen!!!

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
well i got a photograher friend, who im planning to use to get a few shots of my car, once i tidy it up a bit. i could bring her along if u guys get something planned and want some pro pics.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
would be a great shot if we could get the cars on the hill at adelaide oval!!!!!!!!!!!
i know of 1 or 2 people that are ivolved with the oval and groundskeeping if anyone is keen!!!

DO IT :D

I wonder if it would be possible to get a permit or something to park and take photos in the mall later at night? Anyone work in town and want to swing by city council and do some investigationing? Even Gawler place would be good

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
i would just come in thru the myer centre side ally. drive in, take some snaps, drive out. no one will be the wiser.

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
Hey guys, I'd be in for doing some shots with you guys, and leaving the Magna parked down the street or something. A dodgy alleyway in the CBD could be cool, there's plenty of them. And, honestly, I reckon you could get better photos IN Charles St (alley down the side of DJs) than in front of the malls balls, unless you want to sit around for some time while I/whoever else might be shooting stuffs around with lighting, which WILL be difficult.

MasqUAP

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
'98 VFR 800 / '92 Ford Laser Turbo / '10 Kia Cerato S
I'd be in for this as long as my car is complied in time. It's at the complier now so hopefully in another week or two :)

Dave45

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David Agius
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
I'd be in for this as long as my car is complied in time. It's at the complier now so hopefully in another week or two :)

How exciting!
Well guys shall we narrow it down to a city shot then?
Since everyone is keen on the idea.

Allan

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Allan
Drive
Legnum
I'm keen on getting my car in on the shoot . Was thinking that the west beach or Garden island boat ramps at sunset would be ok for a photo shoot.

Top Bottom