GT35 single turbo on going project!

G

Unregistered
galant single garret t04s turbo project!

Okay finally I got time taking some pictures of my project.....

I still have the tow cover, kept it in safe place:

3" exhaust piping from the front all the way to the back:

pardon for the messy wiring, planning to tuck in all the wiring neatly:

All the piping on the backside will be wrap to keep the heat down. Notice the BOV is not installed yet. ABS taken out to give more space:

When the first time i got the turbo, it looked really huge. I thought this turbo is too big, but when the turbo mounted on the engine bay, now it looked the opposite way, really small:

The GREX 332mm 4 pot is peeking behing the wheels, this thing is really amazing....love it so much...when all done the SSR type C 18x8.5 with falken rubber will be on the car:

This car will be tuned with haltech e8 (upps forgot to take a picture of the haltech ). All the internal parts are still standard from the factory. I dont really aiming any hp figure. Just want to see how it's going to hold up under 1 bar of boost.....

I will update more photo of the project next month......

edit: updated information.....the turbo actual code is T04s non ball bearing...updated for not trying giving a false information... =)

G

Unregistered
wow good work hoffman, GT35 thats huge how does it drive? can we have bigger resolution pics?

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Yeah keep us in the loop mate, be very interested to see the dyno and 1/4 mile figures.

G

Unregistered
great job, mount the turbo a little higher and cut a hole in the bonnet.lol
looks great

G

Unregistered
The dyno and 1/4 mile should be great, maybe suffer for driveability though.

G

Unregistered
Well the project is not done yet.....if everything goes as i planned, it should be ready within one to two month....*cross my finger*...so just be patient guys....I'll try to keep u guys inform.....

The car has been converted from FWD to AWD......there is no way I would bother doing a single turbo conversion if it's still a FWD...

does the bonnet close?When will you be driving it?
i put a 1 cm spacer spacer on the hinges, so the rear side is a bit lift up. the idea is get the hot air out when I am cruising...

great job, mount the turbo a little higher and cut a hole in the bonnet.lol
looks great
I was going to do this but it will not be a daily driven car anymore.....so I crossed this idea...hehehhe

G

Unregistered
oh no now its too big...oh welll

I cant see if youv done anything for the manifold extensions yet, but if you havent, you might want to try something like we did with my td-05. Obviously its smaller than yours, but i decided to top mount as well. By rocking the turbo over back towards the engine, we got it to sit much lower and still have nice entry bends into the exhaust flange.

The trade off was a longer manifold extension, and less room for the bends into the intercooler and intake, but it suited what i was after.

My plan was to have a setup that can be upgraded bolt on style to a td-05 18 or 20g down the track if (when:wanker:), i want, so i have about 50mm of clearance from the top of the turbo to the underside of the bonnet lining. Also means the paint wont crack up.

I must say i am disappointed though, iv found two guys in two days (one in christchurch NZ) who are doing a gt35/40 setup..

Makes mine seem, , *small* - ah well i still havent even connected my boost controller.

.. i have broken down a lot though:ROFLMAO: Make sure you flange your intercooler pipes:D

I cant wait to see how you get on.

Copy of legnum2.jpg
Copy of legnum3.jpg

G

Unregistered
mike can we trade pictures...hehehe....i wanna see how u done it?

G

Unregistered
mike can we trade pictures...hehehe....i wanna see how u done it?

I wouldnt say its "done" yet, had a lot of teething troubles, and it still not tuned or boost control setup, but it gets me to work and back pretty quick :p

I have a thread on ClubVR4 about the project, it took me ages, since it wasnt a planned build..

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27710&page=3&highlight=td-05

I would put them on OZVR4, but they have a different picture size limit.. Manifold pics start on page 5.

If theres anything i can help out with just let me know. My ideas were copied from a mix of Borgan (on CVR4) and Valmes ideas, changed a bit to suit my tastes, so have a poke through their old threads as well. But most of it is similar to what youv done anyway.

Id be keen to see pics of your build too, so that we can add to the knowledge pile:ROFLMAO: then the next people come along and do it better in half the time:)

G

Unregistered
I am still using the stock t/b and relocated from the right side to the left side. I was going to go with 90mm, but a friend of mine told me it is best using the stock t/b if the car is intended for daily driven car.

G

Unregistered
Nice work!

I´m going for the Haltech E8 for my double TD04´s. The only problem with the Haltech is that it doesnt understand the signals from the cam triggerwheel, had to mod the triggerwheel to get it to play with the Haltech...maby you knew that allready..in that case....I shut up now.

Keep it up! I´d love to see some videos of that thing later!

Top Bottom